"Control Everything You See?!?!"

i know some people want to see perci beat the crap out of Thor. but you guys also gotta accept that being sally's daughter...she'd also be...soft or kind to some people...
right?

sixteen

"-you lying?" Tony said with a tilted head and almost smug expression when Thor, Perci and Natasha walked in to find a gun on a table and on a screen.

"I was wrong Director. The world hasn't changed a bit," The Captain spat, disgusted.

Bruce gave Natasha a filthy look, angered beyond belief, "Did you know about this?"

Emotionless, but mildly fearful Natasha said, "You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?"

Banner sneered, "I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

Perci looked at Thor, uneasy but steeling herself for a possible fight. The God's jaw clenched and he rested his hand on the small of her back.

"Loki's manipulating you, " The redhead sternly said, trying to diffuse the situation. But failed.

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

The assassin frowned, "You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you got a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

Fury then shot a finger at two certain people, "Because of them."

"Us?" Thor asked, pulling the demigoddess closer, his arm around her waist, an attempt to shield any threat the mortals might cause.

"Excuse me?" Perci said shocked, her sea green eyes turned fierce, "How dare you!"

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

Also fuming, the Norse God of Thunder spoke, "My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

Fury then glared at Perci, a little annoyed when she showed no emotion except immense anger, "But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"What is it with you mortals and the need to control everything you see?!?!" The demigoddess spat.

Steve, also pissed said, "Like you controlled the cube?"

The God growled, "Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war."

The Captain looked to him in confusion, "A higher form?"

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something. Don't you all remember that stunt in New York five years ago?" Fury winced almost unnoticed except to Thor and Perci at her Wolf Glare.

And completely ignoring that comment, Tony then went on with, "Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything down."

The Director fixed his gaze onto the billionaire, "Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?"

Steve muttered, "I'm sure if he still made-"

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?"

A look of distaste spread across Steve's face, "I'm sorry isn't everything?"