"She Loves Her Uncle."

seventeen

Feeling her rising temper, Thor yelled, "You speak of control, yet you court chaos."

Agreeing, Bruce said, "It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're...we're a time bomb."

Fury rose a hand as if to comfort the Doctor, "You need to step away."

With a smirk, Tony threw an arm around Steve's shoulder, "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

Disgusted, Steve pushed him away, "You know damn well why! Back off!!"

Perci, trying to distract herself from her own growing annoyance, snorted softly, "Dam..."

The billionaire swung around to face the Captain, "Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me."

Looking between the two, Perci began growl throwing her need for distraction out the helicarrier's unneeded window.

Rogers said, "Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"

Smartly, but sarcastically, Tony shot back, "Genius,  billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

Natasha tilted her head and rose an eyebrow, silently agreeing.

Now even angrier, Steve spat, "I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

Tony closed in on him, inches away, "I think I would just cut the wire."

Smiling condescendingly, Steve said, "Always a way out... you know, you may not be a threat, but you won't be a hero."

His jaw clenched, anger pulsing through his veins, Tony spat, "A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

Feeling just as pissed, Steve puffed out his chest to intimidate the billionaire, who didn't move at all, "Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds."

Perci clenched her jaw, adrenaline pumping, ready to break up a fight when Thor laughed, "You people are so petty... and tiny."

Still disgusted, Tony turned away to look around the room.

Banner scratched the back of his head, "Yeah, this is a tea-"

An eye on him, Fury said, "Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr Banner back to his-"

"Where?"

Bruce glared at the Director, "You rented my room-"

"That cell was just in case-"

"In case you need to kill me, but you can't! I know! I've tried!!"

Everyone turned to stare at him and sadness overcame Perci, "Oh Bruce..." She whispered.

"I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the Other Guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!"