I'm a fighter

I think I was around six years old when it happened.

I remember walking down my street staring at the sidewalk. I was counting every crack I jumped over so I could tell my mom how many times I saved her back. I had counted 82 by the time I made it to my front porch. I looked up my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion at the sight before me. My front door was wide open so I took a cautious step inside. I made my way up the stairs towards my mothers bedroom. The wooden floors creaked beneath me, I reached for her door but, before I could open it the door swung open and a hand grabbed me and pulled me in. I was so shocked I couldn't scream, then my eyes were met with familiar green ones

"Mom", I whispered. 

She gave me a kiss and motioned for me to be quiet. She looked at me and something flashed in her eyes.

"Sweetheart,do you remember what I told you about daddy?" my mom said to me while looking for something in her nightstand.

I nodded you told me daddy left us because a bad woman was after him and alot of other girls were jealous because daddy comes from a very wealthy family and one girl went a little crazy so to protect me and you daddy sent us here and he stayed.

"good job, " my mom said hugging me.

There was a crash downstairs and I turned towards the door as my mom yanked me behind her.

My mom calmy pointed a gun at her door " That bad woman I was telling you about is here."

The door swung open and I seen my moms grip on her gun tighten.

"Now now Melissa you dont bring a kid to a gun fight," a sickly sweet voice called from the doorway.

My mom went to shoot the gun but must have forgotten she had the safety on. The woman standing at the doorway didnt hesitate to tackle her. They were rolling around on the ground reaching for the gun I couldnt see who had the gun but I heard a ringing in my ears and seen the floors stained red.

My heart stopped when I watched my mom drop to the floor her eyes a dull green. The woman who had just murdered my mother started babbling.

"I didnt want to kill her she gave me no choice," she ranted. 

My body moved before my brain had a chance to recover before I knew it the gun was in my hands and she was looking into my eyes.

"Go ahead I deserve it," were the last words she ever said because I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

They didnt know what to do with me. To some I was just avenging my mothers death to others I was a cold blooded killer. They eventually decided to send me to a juvenile detention center for ten years.

******************TEN************YEARS***********LATER**********

I woke up to a loud sound I looked around my small cell and seen my roommate still passed out.

I whipped my head towards where the sound was coming from ready to break something.

A guard tapping on the bars looked at me, he cleared his throat and said "get up and get ready your going home today Roberts,".

Authors Note:

Hey there its Nina here I just wanted to say I will update whenever I have something new ideas just kind of come to me ill promise to update if you promise to read and bear with me because my grammer sucks ass to put it kindly.

Good news of the day: My mom got me mcdonalds

Bad news of the day: My parents might be getting back together