Chapter Five

I stared at the person I just beat up with an open mouth. This is my brother. No frocking way. I stared at the ground for a second longer.

“How rude of me,” I said bending over with my hand stuck out.

He looked cautiously between my hand and my face as if trying to figure out what was going on.

I smacked my forehead. Of course he doesn’t know that I’m his sister he probably thinks that I’m some random weirdo that goes around beating people up then being really nice. That would be the worst supervillian ever.

He didn’t reach for my hand so I just looked like a creep with my hand sticking out. I tried to act all cool about it by using it to sweep my bangs out of my face but anyone watching could clearly tell it was getting awkward.

“This was really nice and all but, I actually got to run I really cant be late for my curfew but ill see you later alright,” I picked up the bag with my paint in it and slowly walked out of the door.

“Well alright then,” I said talking to myself I glanced back on my walk through the parking lot and seen who I believe to be my siblings just staring at me.

I got in my car and started to drive back to Franks house. I got there and slammed the car door and walked up the steps I went to go open the door but it was locked.

“What the fuck,” I mumbled under my breath while getting on my knees and picking the lock.

I tilted forward too much when I was trying to open the door and I ended up falling on my face. I got up and made sure no one saw I thought I was in the clear until I heard someone snort. I turned around and saw a short brunette with a pixie cut, she had to be my age or younger.

“What are you laughing at,” I said with my head held high.

She stopped laughing and looked at me with fear in her eyes. Was I really that scary, I moved forward to apologize and the girl whimpered, “Please don’t fire me, I need this job I’m really sorry for laughing at you. “I busted up laughing so hard I was holding my stomach.

“Dude I don’t care that you laughed if it was the other way around I would probably still be laughing.” I went to go shake her hand but she wasn’t looking at me anymore she was staring at the pile of laundry in the room. Really the second time today someone’s left me hanging.

I waved my hand in front of her “Hey my names Jordan, and you are?” I said smiling at her.

She grinned at me and stuck her hand out for me to shake it. Oh now she wants to shake my hand where was she a minute ago when I was left out in the cold. I shoke it while she told me her name.

“My names Amber and I’m your housekeeper.”

I raised my eyebrow “Aren’t you a little young to be a housekeeper.”

She narrowed her eyes at me and tilted her head “Aren’t you a little too innocent looking to know how to pick a lock.”

“Okay maybe we should re-introduce ourselves,” I suggested.

She nodded her head in agreement.

“Same time.”

“The names Amber Cole and I’m filling in for my mom because she’s in the hospital.”

“Jordan Roberts, I’m an ex-con and I sort of live here until I’m eighteen.”

We both nodded our heads at each other.

“Nice to meet you,” she said “but, I really need to get started on this laundry.”

She turned around picking up the laundry basket and walking away. I was about to head towards the living room when I seen amber stop and turns back towards me.