Chapter 3 - Daily Life Day 7 - Free Time Event - Sadako

Breakfast passed relatively fast.

Shiori ate quietly, not really paying attention to anything.

After eating, she went to find someone she wanted to talk with.

Shiori walked into the talent lab hallway.

Sadako was standing there, looking at the new talent labs.

"Oh, hey!" Sadako waved.

Do you want to spend your Free Time with Sadako?

Yes
No

"What're you looking at?" Shiori asked.

Sadako turned her head back to the hallway, "There are more talent labs..."

"Which ones?"

"I belive there's mine, your's, Bunta's, and Hitoshi's."

"Oh."

"Anyway, what did you want to talk about?" Sadako turned to Shiori, smiling brightly.

"Why did you start a musical career?" Shiori asked, with a blank stare.

Sadako smiled, "I absolutely adore singing. I wanted to become a singer when I grew up."

"One day, I was singing a song when my mom walked into my room," Sadako continued.

"What song was it?" Shiori asked.

"A portion of Smartphone Hour, Rich set a fire, from Be More Chill!"

"...What?"

"It's a musical."

"Ah."

"My mom realized I had a great singing voice, not to brag, and set me up for a record deal somehow," Sadako kept explaining.

"She thought I liked clean pop songs because of the one song I was singing," Sadako's smile fell.

"Do you like pop?" Shiori pressed on.

"Absolutely not. I want to curse more when singing," Sadako frowned, "I also want to sing more sad realistic songs like Waving from a Window and Lifeboat."

"What?"

"They're from Dear Evan Hansen and Heathers."

"I'm going to pretend that I know what those are."

"I'm totally forcing you to at least listen to the soundtrack later..." Sadako muttered.

"Anyway," She continued her story, "My mom made me an international pop star! I hate it, but my mom forces me to only sing pop. She doesn't even let me practice other genres."

"Why doesn't she let you sing any other genre?" Shiori asked, "I'd imagine it'd make more money."

"She doesn't want to ruin my 'image' of an innocent girl who doesn't curse or something stupid like that, " Sadako grumbled, making air quotes, "I have to sneak out of the house at midnight and go to a secret area in a park nearby and sing other genres there."

"Ah, that must be hard," Shiori sympathized.

Sadako sighed, "It is."

I think Sadako and I grew a little closer today.