Chapter 3 - Daily Life Day 8 - Free time Event - Bunta

Shiori walked into the dining hall.

Nothing really seemed out of place.

Except for one thing.

Sadako, Chiyo, and Hitoshi seemed like they were planning something.

"What're you guys talking about?" Shiori asked, sitting across from them.

Sadako perked up, "We were talking about having a concert later this evening! Maybe around 8 pm?"

"A concert?" Tamao repeated from her position next to Shiori.

Chiyo nodded, "There's a stage in the gym. We were thinking of performing it there!"

"That sounds amazing!" Tamao clapped happily.

"Seems like it would be able to get everyone's spirits back up," Shiori observed.

Hitoshi smiled, "That's why we're doing it!"

"Oo!" Tamao shouted, "Can I go tell everyone!"

Sadako nodded, "Go for it!"

Tamao stood up and left, a joyful skip in her steps.

Bunta slid a plate to Shiori, "Breakfast."

"Thanks.

It seemed like pancakes.

FUCK YEAH. I LOVE PANCAKES-

Ignoring her excited thoughts, she quickly finished her meal.

A loud noise echoed throughout the room almost immediately after she finished.

It sounds like someone just got slapped....

Shiori turned towards the corner where the noise had originated from.

Tomoyasu was standing above Tamao, who was kneeling on the ground holding her cheek.

"Sonoda, what the fuck?" Hitoshi yelled, "You don't hit girls!"

"You don't hit people in general!" Sadako added.

Hypocrite. You always hit Suda every time he says something perverted.

Shiori stood up, starting to walk over.

"You really think that nobody will kill each other just because of a little festival?" Tomoyasu glared at the fallen girl, "I underestimated your stupidity. See things from my perspective."

Shiori reached to help Tamao up, but the latter merely slapped her hand away, getting up herself.

"Well, I would!" Tamao snapped, "Except I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass!"

She slapped a hand over her mouth, only now realizing the entire room was silent.

Tamao smiled at him, passive-aggressively, "Hope to see you at the concert tomorrow!"

Tamao proceeded to leave the room.

Isamu snorted, "I believe you just got, as they say, wrecked."

Shiori shook her head, picking up her plate and walking into the kitchen. She placed it into the sink.

Bunta walked in, carrying everyone else's plates.

"Oh, you're still in here?"

Do you want to spend your Free Time with Bunta?

Yes
No

Shiori grabbed half of the plates from his stack(After all, it was starting to tilt) and placed it into the sink.

Bunta placed his half of the stack down also.

"So did you stay here?" Bunta asked, "Everyone usually just leaves me to do the dishes by myself."

Shiori shrugged, "Guess I wanted to get to know you better."

Bunta smiled, "Ah. Can't say I've ever heard that before."

"Here or in general?"

"In general."

Shiori blinked, leaning up against the counter, "I'd imagine you had friends before coming here."

Bunta laughed sarcastically, "Well, you imagined wrong."

Shiori tilted her head, "Why didn't anyone want to hang with you?"

Bunta shrugged, "The boys at my school used to bully me for enjoying baking, as they considered it a 'feminine hobby'."

"And the girls?"

"The boys made sure that the girls never interacted with me, unless necessary."

Shiori tilted her head to the other shoulder, "That must suck."

Bunta sighed, "I mean, it did for the first couple months. Then I just kinda got used to it."

He walked towards the sink, "I'm gonna wash the dishes. You're free to leave."

Shiori nodded, pushing herself off the counter and towards the exit.

I think Bunta and I grew a little closer today.