Chapter 4 - Class Trial - Argument Armament

(A/N: Please make sure you comment your thoughts and theories as you read! Especially on this chapter)

"So, we're trying to find out how the killer would be able to get up to the walkway," Bunta murmured.

Nonstop Debate
Start!

Truth Bullets
List of Food
Sandbag

"There's a ladder?" Kazue muttered, "They could've just climbed it."

"Not enough time," Shiori responded.

"What'd they do then?" Hikari asked, "Use some elaborate contraption?"

"I agree with that!"

"The sandbag has a hole in it!" Tamao mentioned, "It probably has something to do with the murder, because why else would someone cut it open?"

"So what did they do?" Isamu asked.

Hoizumi clicked his tongue, "What else was there?"

"There was some sand next to the sandbag and....."

Select Evidence
Knife

"A knife," Tamao finished.

"Knife was the murder weapon!" Kazue immediately called out.

"We already established that he was killed using a crossbow," Tomoyasu glared at the teal-haired girl.

"Sorry."

"So how'd the killer get up in such a short time?" Hikari continued the discussion.

"Oh, I have an idea!" Kazue shouted.

"What if the killer used the sandbags to get up?"

Tomoyasu froze, "How would that work?"

Bullseye.

Kazue continued her theory, "So the killer like wrapped the rope around their leg or something like that and they somehow got the heavy sandbag to fall down so their end flew up, bringing them with it!"

"Would the sandbag even be heavier than the killer?" Bunta asked.

"We're in a killing game with a robotic bear. This really wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen."

"That's true."

Kazue continued, "So after they killed Katsushi, they quickly pulled up the sandbag, cut it with the knife, and jumped down!"

Shiori thought for a moment, "It would match up with the time."

"So that's how the killer got up and killed Katsushi!" Kazue cheered.

"You sound a bit cheerful for this," Hikari absentmindedly mentioned.

"We're not dying, let me have this."

"...Okay?"

"So who else besides Tomoyasu could it be?" Isamu asked, "And why would he just randomly turn off the lights? And the killer just happened to come up with this plan on the spot?"

"I don't think so," Tamao responded.

Brain Drive

Is Tomoyasu the killer?