Chapter 6 - Leave Them To It

Two weeks later, after I had been introduced as the new and returning captain and had caught up in some things, I was finally given the chance to leave. I was starting to get antsy being stuck in the one building, so it was nice to finally get to walk outside amongst other normal people who weren't scouts.

"Galilea, Levi will be going with you," Erwin said before I could leave.

"You don't trust me on my own?"

"I don't trust you not to run away," Levi answers.

"Fine, but stay out of my way. I just want to look around"

After changing into a long blue skirt and a fitted long sleeved white shirt I met up with Levi so we could go into town. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and his ascot.

We started wandering around the town, Levi looking around like he didn't want to be here, and me enjoying the space.

"What did you need to get?" Levi asks.

"I just wanted to get out of that building. But, some new shirts would be nice"

We walked around a little, I bought some clothes and Levi just followed along to make sure I didn't run off. After a couple hours we were starting to head back, but my eyes caught sight of something in a window.

"Levi, I want to look at one more thing," I say, grabbing his hand and dragging him over to the window.

It was a dress shop. Currently I had no dresses and I thought a dress would be something nice to have. Levi didn't say anything, he just looked around with his arms crossed.

While I was looking at the dress in the window someone covered my mouth with one hand and wrapped their other arm around me so they could drag me away. I couldn't see where we were going or who it was, but I could hear Levi fighting off someone else. It was probably best for me to not fight yet, since there were two of them and there could've been more.

They dragged me to a dark area, the natural light slowly vanishing and turning into candlelight. I'm let go and I get ready to fight, seeing my brothers with their faces no longer covered by hoods from their black cloaks.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at them.

"We were rescuing you," Edik says.

"That guy you were with was getting too close," Alek adds, his eyes narrowing.

"That was Levi, and now he's probably angry because you beat him up"

"Shit," Alek mutters.

"Just come back with us, please," Edik begs.

"No, I want to stay up here, with them"

"But-"

A door slammed open, making Edik shut up. Alek mouthed for the both of us to stay there while he went to check it out. I heard a thump, like a body falling on the ground, then more footsteps.

"Galilea, get ready to run," Edik whispers, covering his face with the hood.

"Run? You're the one who kidnapped me"

Levi stepped into the room we were in, his eyes landing on me standing behind my brother. My eyebrows raised when I saw that he had taken out my brother, Alek was one of the best fighters I knew, he was even better than me.

I stood back as Levi started beating up Edik. There wasn't much I could do. If I stepped in I could either get hurt or yelled at, and I knew I was already going to get yelled at afterwards. But there was also the fact that I was wearing a skirt, something very difficult to fight in.

Levi kicked my brother, making him fall to the floor in pain, then looked at me. "Tsk, you can't even save yourself?"

My eyes narrow. "If I had to I would've but I'm wearing a skirt and these two guys you just took out are my brothers!" I shout angrily.

He raises an eyebrow. "Your brothers? Aren't they dead?"

"So was I," I snap back.

"We'll have to take them-"

"No. Leave them. They took me from this life before and I went along with it, but now I just don't even want to try. This is the life they want, so let's leave them to it"

He nods, thinking over what I just said as I walked towards the door. Levi followed behind me, following me back to the dress shop. He waited outside as I went inside and bought myself two dresses. Then we went back to the scout headquarters.

Once inside the building we went our separate ways. I went back to my room to place my new clothes in my dresser and wardrobe. Then I went for a walk, finding myself drawn to Erwin's office.

I stood outside the door, hearing some voices inside. That of Erwin and that of Levi. I knew once we returned Levi would come talk with Erwin, about my brothers.

"You're certain it was them?" Erwin asks.

"I saw both of their faces, and Galilea assured me that they were who I thought they were," Levi answered.

"Keep an eye on her, do not let her leave the grounds. We don't need her getting in the way. I will send some scouts out to search for Alek and Edik, then..."

Erwin's voice drifted away, like he was talking in a quieter voice to make sure anyone listening in couldn't hear. I pulled away from the door, walking with my head down towards my room. They were going to do something to my brothers, I knew it, and there was nothing I could do. Levi would be watching me like a hawk, he'd be on me any chance I got to run.

After I changed out of the skirt and into a pair of pants, slipping on my old and worn out cloak, I went down to the library. It was quiet and empty, everyone else already gone to bed. I grabbed a book and sat down at a table, beginning to read.