Chapter 5.

As soon as the owner and the cook got into the restaurant and changed into uniform, the restaurant opened. The cook, Honey, a young, motorcycle riding girl who was seemingly the head chef, began to prepare certain things that had to be done before anything else. Not too long after, a man and his wife walked in and Daniel watched as the owner, Cody, greeted them.

David skated over to Daniel, placing down a menu.

"What's this for?" Daniel asked, raising a brow.

"Look through it, order something, and wait, if you don't order something Cody says I have to kick you out." David said before quickly skating off again.

Daniel sighed and looked through the menu. Nothing really interested him. But he just chose the nicest sounding food. Some pancakes with whipped cream and some chocolate covered strawberries on the side with a warm drink of his choice. And while he was at it he also ordered the 'treat of the week' which he would have David explain because what the fuck is the treat of the week.

After a minute David came skating back over.

"So Daniel, did you find anything you want?" David raised a brow.

"Uh, Yeah." Daniel said, stretching.

"Well, what do you want then?" David said, preparing to write whatever Daniel wanted down.

"Well, I want the whole pancakes with whipped cream and the strawberries and stuff, and I'll take a black coffee with that." Daniel said, closing the menu. "Also, David, I'll take one of the treats of the week as long as someone tells me what the fuck it is."

David paused, thinking for a minute. "I actually don't know what it is." He said, looking over his shoulder. "I can ask Honey."

Daniel stopped him. "How 'bout you send Honey over here." Daniel said, not really asking, and more like demanding.

David sighed and walked off to the kitchen, telling Honey that someone had a question for her.

With a sigh, Honey told another cook to keep an eye on the pancakes she was making for the man who came in earlier, and she walked off to Daniel's table.

"Did you need something?" She asked, raising a brow.

Daniel looked over her, taking note of a few things.

He noticed some scrapes, large scrapes, across her arms, and her chest. And a few smaller scrapes on her face. He also noticed something quite odd. Honey had a faint glow around her. Young angels had this glow. But from what he could tell, Honey wasn't an angel.

Honey snapped her fingers a few times.

"Hey, answer me, I've gotta hey back to work." Honey sighed.

Daniel snapped back to reality. "Oh, yeah, uh, what is the treat of the week?"

Honey yawned. "It's a cinnamon bun made from scratch."

Daniel suddenly took her hand, holding it gently as he noticed something. It was some sort of marking a symbol he didn't recognize.

Honey tore her hand away. "Hey!" She snapped. "Don't do that!"

"What's that symbol mean?" Daniel asked, tilting his head.

"That's none of your concern. Now I'm going back to work. Don't ask for me again." She said, storming off in a huff.

Daniel watched her walk off, now curious.

As the hours ticked by and more people came in and left, Daniel began to walk around, much to David's annoyance.