•8•

"aish... Why am I so nervous?" I said to myself, as I checked over my outfit for the fiftieth time in the mirror.
"It'll be okay.. They'll love you dude, how could they not? You're the bee's knees!" I shook my head, disgusted at my lame statement. "That was awful... shut up Azumi..."

I continued to get ready, finishing my makeup and perfecting my outfit, which took about an hour and a half. Yes. I'm a perfectionist, sue me.
I smiled at myself, hoping I looked decent enough, though I didn't feel like I did.. I've always had issues with self confidence, but try to mask it with makeup and clothes.
It has become a bad habit of mine, but I guess it's good enough for the night. The reason I'm most nervous for tonight is not only because I'll be meeting the guys I've been talking to on this dating app all at once, but mainly because I haven't been out in the public since my best friend died..
It's been really hard. Ever since she was taken from me, I've isolated myself from the public eye. Basically the only time I go out is for food, and honestly I don't eat much now a days... Plus, I have to face him again..

I decided it was time to head out to Octagon club, where I was meeting the guys. I hailed a taxi, and was on my way to the location of the very live, very loud club. I arrived in front of said club, and stepped out onto the light pavement, which lined the front of the booming residence. I paid the driver and went on my way. After my ID was checked at the door, I stepped into the overcrowded area of sweaty bodies and flowing drinks. I cringed as a few drunkards tried to frisk me on my way to the semi empty bar. Once I reached the bar, I ordered a drink. As I was about to pay for my beverage, a large hand came into view, fashioning ₩23000. I looked up to find a handsome face with rugged features, and though the man was all too familiar, I couldn't really make out who he was due to the flashing lights behind his head.

"This one is on me" the tall male spoke as he stood next to me, fashioning a semi fake smile at the bartender. After the bartender gave him his change, the male took me by the waist, and we disappeared into the crowd. We soon reached a table, filled with many males, enjoying drinks and one another's company. I peered up to the tall male who stole me away, only to find out it was Lucas. He smiled at me, a small and kind smile.
"Hey there, Mimi.." he grinned, awaiting my response. I smiled kindly at him, "Hi, Lulu", I spoke, squeezing his arm, lightly. The others from the group joined the rest of us soon after, breathing heavily from dancing on the over populated dance floor.

"Zumi!!! You made it!" a very intoxicated Sicheng shouted over the loud music. I smiled and nodded at him "of course I did, Winnie!". He giggled like a school girl at what I had called him, before coming across the table to engulf me in a big hug. I hugged him back, and soon let go after an intoxicated Donghyuck intervened. "Yah! Sicheng! Where do you think you're going?!-- omo.. Azumi!?!" he stopped, staring hastily at me, trying to figure out if I was really present or not. His eyes widened 3x bigger than I had ever seen them "A-azumi? Is that you??" he stuttered out.

"Yes, it is, Donghyuck!" I smiled, sweetly, yelling overtop of the thunderous music playing in the club.
"Holy shit..-"
"Watch your language, Donghyuck!!! How dare yo-... Azumi?" another male spoke, joining the table, soaked in sweat from the dance floor.
"Hey, Taeil.. I'm assuming?" I guessed, from his authority like tone.
"That's me! I can't believe you really came!!!" the sweaty male huffed out, smiling at me shyly. I grinned, happily, whilst taking a rather large drink from my beverage. He took a large drink, the same as mine, and smiled at me.
"of course I came! How couldn't I!?" I exclaimed, obviously, after swallowing, "how couldn't you?! We're crazy! I didn't think you'd actually come!" he exclaimed. The group of us laughed and talked for awhile, before I felt a finger tap my shoulder. I turned to face whomever it was attempting to get my attention, only to be met with the person I dreaded seeing.

"Hey Azu... Can we talk now?" he questioned, seemingly nervous. My stomach did three flips, like it was a damn gymnastics class in there, and my hands began to sweat. I couldn't bring myself to muster up any actual words, so I simply nodded. I turned to Lucas, telling him I'd be back and to watch my drink. He nodded and smiled, before looking at who I was going with. "Are you gonna be okay alone with him?" he asked, worry laced his face.
"I'll be fine, Lu. Don't worry" I assured him, before patting his arm lightly and following Taeyong out of the club.
Once outside, to a quieter area, he stopped walking and faced me. He struggled to look directly into my eyes, as he played with the hem of his shirt.
"Well?" I said, growing impatient at the lack of explanation and the wasting of time.
"Well, uhm.. So the thing is.. Uh, Stella..." he trailed off, tripping over his words like you trip up stairs.
"How dare you say her fucking name.." I snarled, pointing my index finger accusingly at him, "you don't get to speak her name from that murderous mouth.."
"I didn't murder her! The accident wasn't my fault!" he finally defended
"The reports show you were going 85 in a 45 mile zone!! How was it not your fault!!?!!" I began to raise my voice, furious that he was still defending himself.

"I WAS TRYING TO GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL!!!" he shouted back, tears forming in his eyes. My eyes widened "w-why were you taking her to the hospital...?" I asked, not really ready for the answer. He drug a frustrated hand over his face, sighing deeply, before speaking again
"she was sick, Azumi.. She had cancer. On our way to your house, she started having a seizure.. The hospital was so far away, so I was driving as fast as I could to get her there... a-and the truck came out of n-nowhere.. It hit her side, and they said she died on impact.." he stuttered out. I felt my body start to shake, tears flooding my eyes.
"S-she...was s-sick? Why didn't she tell me.." I asked, before realizing he knew the whole time "WHY DID SHE TELL YOU AND NOT ME?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?! IF YOU CARED YOU WOULD'VE TOLD ME!!!" I screamed, the tears in my eyes falling rapidly.
"Azu, please calm down.."
"Calm down??! CALM DOWN?! DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!"
"She didn't want you to worry..."
"I DON'T CARE, YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME, Y-YOU SH.. you shhou-"
"Azu??!?"
The world became fuzzy, and my knees gave out.
"AZUMI!!" I heard Taeyong shout, faintly, before everything went black.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(ᴬ/ᴺ: now we know what happened between Taeyong and Azumi.. But what will happen next? Will she forgive him? Vote and comment! Love you little bubbles)

(side note: does anyone else trip up stairs? No? Just me? Okay🙃)