•13.2•

*Flashback*

I was heading to my first class, of the last day of the year, which was history, but was blocked by my boyfriend of two years, Heijun. He stepped in front of me and wrapped his big, muscle arms around me, squeezing me like he always did.
"Heiji, I have to go to class, quit playin' around!" I shouted at him, jokingly.
"I know, I know. But I just miss you so much when I don't see you" he pouted, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. I gently placed my hand on his cheek and smiled.
"I know, but you'll see me at lunch, okay?" I assured, sweetly kissing his cheek. He soon let go of me, allowing me passage to my class, before saying 'i love you' into my ear and walking off to his first class with his friends.

The day seemed to draw on forever, but before I knew it, the bell rang signaling lunch time had begun. I made my way to my locker, and put away my belongings that I didn't want to carry with me for the rest of the day, since there were only two classes left. Suddenly, a locker slammed hard, a few feet away from mine, and I unconsciously peered over the edge of my locker to see what the commotion was about. What my eyes were met with, was a group of jocks bullying a male who was from the dance/drama club. I had seen him around a few times, and I noticed that he wasn't much of a socialite. He kept to himself, his studies, and his music/dance. Though I couldn't remember his name, it still pissed me off that these morons were bullying him, so I decided to step in. I stormed over to the forming crowd and pushed my way to the center, where the helpless male was. I placed myself in front of him and fanned my arms out wide, essentially protecting him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Jushang? Did life on the football team land you too many hits to the head? Or are you just dumb?" I shouted at the large jock, whom I knew well enough, given he was friends with Heijun.
"Nah, Azumi, we're just simply teaching this little kid a lesson on who NOT to bump into in the halls, that's all" Jushang snickered, raising an expectant eyebrow at me. I scoffed and lowered my arms, placing them on my hips.
"You know, Ju, just because you walk down these hallways, doesn't mean they belong to you, asshat" I replied, annoyed by the main jocks idiotic way of thinking. He grinned, devilishly, before speaking again.
"Of course they belong to us, who do you think ru-"
"As he was saying" a familiar voice interrupted "Who do you think runs these halls? The nerdy musicians? The geeks? No.. We do. We keep the school in order. So babe.. Step aside and let us take care of business, okay?" the familiar voice finished, as the person stepped out into view. It was only then that I realized that the sick, moronic person was none other than my boyfriend, Heijun. My eyes widened, and my jaw dropped so far that it almost had to be sown back together.
"H-Heiji?" I stuttered in disbelief. He smiled, and began to approach me as if nothing was wrong
"Baby, it's okay. Just move aside and we'll finish up our duties. Then we'll go to lunch, okay?" he tried to reason, like I would understand.
"You're fucking sick. I can't believe you'd do this to a person! What happened to the Heijun I knew, huh?" I shouted, angry that he was giving into the pressure of the football teams attitudes.

"I've always been this way, babes" he chuckled, along with his teammates.
I shook my head, angered by the facade he was putting on
"No.. bullshit. You were sweet and kind when we first met, and you would've never let something like this happen.. Not before you made the football team..." I argued "I really can't believe the asshole you've become.. I expected more from you.."
I saw the anger quickly grow in his eyes, and he lunged forward, swiftly grabbing the collar of the males shirt whom I was defending. Before he could land a hit, I shoved him as hard as I could, using every ounce of strength in my body, and he tumbled to the ground. His eyes shot up to me, disappointment and anger flooding his pupils, as he began to stand. Once he had fully regained his composure, he stood in front of me once more, his hand raising in pure instinct and making hard contact with my cheek. The sting of his palm was almost too much for me to handle, but after a moment, I was able to collect myself and stand straight up again. I faced him, tears threatening to fall from my eyes, but I didn't allow them to.
"I-I can't believe you, Heiji... I thought you were better than this..." I choked out, trying not to seem too vulnerable.
"Well, you thought wrong, doll. This is me, and this is who I am. Take it or leave it" he shrugged, like the situation was no big deal.
"Fine.. I'll leave it. Because I won't take it. We're over.."
"Uhm, excuse me?!!??" he questioned, like he hadn't expected this outcome.
"I said we're done, Heijun! I won't stick around to see you act this way toward people... This person isn't the man I fell in love with!" I shouted, the tears forming beginning to betray me. I swiftly grabbed the male I was protecting by the shirt sleeve and drug him away from the scene to a safer and quieter place.