Chapter 16 (final)

Chanyeol pov

Chanyeol is Running as fast as he can to the playground. He sees you sitting on the stairs of the slide. He walks to you. Your looking down. You hear footsteps and look up.

Chanyeol : I know I'm late.

You stand up.

Chanyeol : are you mad?

You shake you head.

Y/n : not really... my lips froze.

Chanyeol begins to laugh. He blows into his hands and holds them against your cheeks. He smiles.

Y/n : ah, that's warm.

D.O. Pov

He's thinking about what happened in the playground.

(Flashback)

D.O. : what are you doing? Waiting for someone?

Y/n : Chan.

D.O. : how long have you been here?

You pick up your phone and Check the time.

Y/n : around four hours.

D.O. : if he doesn't come you should go home.

Y/n : he doesn't answer his phone and I didn't want to miss him. Did something happen to him?

D.O. : you're worried about him when you're freezing?

Y/n : he won't stand me up for no reason.

D.O. : we had an issue but we're fine now. Chanyeol is home, let's go.

He pulls you at your arm, but you pull back.

Y/n : no, there are things I need to do with him. I've prepared all this.

D.O. : so you're gonna keep waiting?

You nod.

Y/n : he'll come. You said everything is fine.

(End of Flashback)

He gets a message from you.

Y/n : I met him. Thanks, friend.

D.O. (Thinking) : maybe I shouldn't have told him. For a minute there, I thought making you wait. I wanted to look out for myself. For once, I didn't want to be the good guy. But you looked so cold. You were the first girl I reached out to without hesitation. I never knew my heart could beat so fast. But I was too slow and cowardly to beat the memories you share with him. I like you. I'm an idiot. I'll never again ask a girl to be my friend. Maybe some day, the girl I like will like me back. It will be a miracle.

Your POV

You're lying in bed thinking about the things you did with Chanyeol today. You squeal. You sit up.

Y/n : it makes me squirm with embarrassment, but... I'm so happy!! Oh my gosh!!

You fall back onto your bed.

Y/n : oh dear!!

Downstairs, your house

Y/b/n and y/m/n heard your screaming.

Y/m/n : what's with your sister? Is she insane?

Y/b/n : no, no, no. She's communicating with our supernatural neighbor. Just like dolphins.

He begins to scream.

Y/m/n : y/b/n, my son.

Y/b/n : yes mother?