Eight

I sat hopeless and lost in the corner with my knees up to my chest. " She isn't speaking, or eating or sleeping since she miscarried" Jerome sighed worried " She lost her baby Jerome, she's going to be depressed. I can't believe Strange would go that far to teach you both a lesson" " I'm gonna kill him the first chance I get. We should be having another check up today" " That's why she's in the corner?". I sighed and sat down next to Jerome " Don't worry about me J, I'll be fine. I just need to get out of this Asylum, I can't be here anymore" " I'll get you out doll, I swear on my life".

He's promised this to me every day since I lost our baby, but I know there's no way he'd ever be able to get me out of here. " I know you will Jerome, and once we're out I want to have fun and cause chaos all over this miserable city, I want to be happy with you again". As soon as those words left my mouth there was a sound of an explosion and a gas started seeping through the room. Jerome grabbed my hand " You'll be alright doll" " I always am with you J" I smiled before we both fell to the floor unconscious.

I groaned as I lifted my head up " Doll your awake!" I turned to see Jerome to my right " J? Where are we?" " Don't know doll, but we aren't in Arkham anymore. Things are looking up" he grinned making a smile instantly grow on my face. Just then a set of gold doors opened to reveal a man in an expensive looking suit with a woman dressed in black walking behind him.

" Welcome everyone. My name is Theo Galvan, this is my sister Tabitha" everyone started talking at the same time as I rolled my eyes at them. " I understand your feeling confused, scared a little groggy. But please relax, today is the first day of a wonderful future for all of you. If you want". " Who are you?" Barbra asked " Well now the question is, who are you?" Theo stopped in front of me and Jerome " The world sees criminal lunatics. I see brilliance" he said as he looked straight at Jerome " I see charisma" he looked at Barbra " And power" he looked at me as I stared up at him in wonder.

" I see power" " Yes, exactly my man. That is so spooky, that is me to a T. These other boys, uh I dunno but. Your singing my song" Jerome smiled. " Quiet. Jerome. Keep taking" Richard told Theo. " imagine, a group of brilliant outlaws, like yourselves. Each selected for their unique ability. All working together as a team, imagine the energy, imagine the impact. Gotham would tremble before you". " Well that sounds fabulous, but I am not a brilliant outlaw, I just have...issues" Barbra spoke up " You have beauty and desire and that's enough" he stood in front of Barbra " You'd be great".

Barbra looked up at him with an emotion I couldn't tell as he touched her chin " Whatever you want in the world, is yours" " Theo, that's your name right Theo. Your getting way ahead of yourself here, first of all keep your hands off her. Second this whole magic team I got a pass, I don't take orders. Good luck on everything tho it's intriguing concept" Richard spoke up. " This is very disappointing" " Oh, fair play you want a reward for busting us out of Arkham. I am grateful, how does a million bucks sound? Pretty good. I can get it for you today as soon as I hit the streets".

" Money's not the concern. I had such high hopes for you" Theo stared at Richard. " You have to go. Tabitha will see you out" Richard was let go from his restraints as he fixed his shirt and started walking. " Ms, Keen is coming with me" " Oh she doesn't wanna go where your going". Tabitha took out a whip and wrapped it around Richard's neck and pulled him to the ground before stabbing him repeatedly. I couldn't help but laugh loud as I looked down at the scene before me.

" That laugh" Theo said as he looked at the rest of us " Is beautifully addicting" he said as he made is way over to me. He stood right in front of me as I looked up at him with a smirk on my face " What's your name?" " (Y/N), nice to meet ya" I smiled sweetly as he smiled down at me. " (Y/N), your name is as beautiful as your laugh, as beautiful as your face" he lightly brushed his hand over my cheek before pushing some of my lose hair behind my ear " I have high hopes for you. I think you'll be my favourite" I smirked at him as I tilted my head to the side " Hear that J, I'm his favourite".