Prologue

There was a time when dragons ruled the lands, reaching far and wide, over mountains, across seas and rivers and all through the forests.

But after hundreds of years of ruling the lands, their race became weak, old and frail, bitter and twisted. The races of mankind, elves, and beastmen had risen into power. It was now these people who were the dominating force, and they did not take competition lightly.

It was the year 800 in the realms, and battle had ensued for control of all lands.

Groups settled in the areas they could dominate; stronger races forced the weaker to flee the areas; ruthless forces began to form leaving the weak to cower in the shadows.

Some eventually decided on peace and would co-habit to prevent any more bloodshed, but what would become of the dragons?

Driven to the corners of the lands and beyond, no place to go, no place to hide. These once-dominant reptiles were suddenly branded as thieves, pests, and terrors of the sky.

With all this hatred it was hard for them to exist anywhere without hordes of protesters brandishing swords and baying for their blood.

King Gaprone would form a great army by joining his own royal troops with the northern and southern soldiers, along with the beastmen of the northwest and the elves of the east.

Elf King Jodfelli Bolsaveir was a close friend of King Gaprone, as a unified alliance these leaders would make sure all dragons would face their last days.

The whole of Colltalios united to bring down the greatest of dragons and rid them from this world. Despite their best attempt, a handful of dragons still remained. Although these dragons were cornered and trapped north of the main city, completely surrounded from every direction.

Days and months had passed and the final flight of dragons had been tracked down, these were the elder dragons, the ones who held great power and knowledge. They stood strong and gallant but were still no match for the four realms of the lands. A dozen or so dragons now remained as armies approached from all directions.

Not far from the City of Chillington the dragons were forced towards the narrow mountains in the West. They fought with every ounce of strength, but slowly their small numbers faded some more.

Victory for the human race was now close but they could not settle until these beasts were eliminated.

Elven archers drove arrows into the scales of the elder dragons, Beastmen infantry threw spears in vast amounts, but still, each and every earth shuddered pound of the ground sent the soldiers flying in many directions.

Their armour scorched and burnt to a crisp as the elders breathed their fire, causing mass destruction.

Eventually, it was just too much, only seven dragons remained, the brother's Tremor and Colossal spearheaded the defences from the front, protecting the smaller male and female dragons that remained. They were backed into the narrow caves and now Colossal was at the very front. He took the full brunt of the iron-tipped arrows and spears as the realms forced its enemy down a narrow pathway. Colossal was an enormous dragon and his broad shoulders now grazed the sides of the cave, it was becoming difficult to manoeuvre but he still roared back at the advancing army with all his might.

King Gaprone sat on horseback outside the cave awaiting his victory. His long grey hair and beard waved in the low winds. His gold-plated armour glistened with hints of red leather.

The king's steed was jet black and covered in similar golden armour, adorning more red leathers.

He knew that even in his elderly years this day would stand as his greatest victory of all his years, a legacy to pass down to the younger princes and princesses.