story explanation

¡warning!

if you have not read the whole story yet,
please do not read this part

now, let's begin;↳ hoseok fell in love with a girl back when he was in high school

now, let's begin;
↳ hoseok fell in love with a girl back when he was in high school. his best friend, namjoon encouraged him to talk with the girl, to ask her out.

it went great.

everything was going normal, and they were a happy couple... until jihyun cheated.

they had been together for six years.

on the day when jihyun confessed that she had cheated, namjoon showed up at the boy's door right after she left there. it was when hoseok told his best friend that he will take revenge, no matter what.

a few days later, when hoseok was walking in the streets, somebody bumped into his shoulder, and his phone screen broke into pieces.

later on that day, he asked the stranger to buy him a coffee, so they went to a coffee shop.

finally, the stranger introduced himself.

yes, it was min yoongi.

but the young man [yoongi] did not have much time. he had to arrive at an important meeting on time. he knew that he was going to be late by talking to the boy [hoseok], but he just loved talking with him, and he could not leave him like that.

that is why he left his phone number for hoseok at the coffee shop.

soon, it turned out that jihyun had cheated on hoseok only to be with a rich man who was none other than yoongi.

yoongi's father had arranged a marriage for his son with a rich girl. yes, it was jihyun. she was rich, beautiful, and she could support his father's company whenever he needed financial support.

when jihyun figured out that hoseok was stepping on her way, she told him that she is pregnant with his child, so she asked him to leave them alone, but he still wanted to take revenge.

on the way home, hoseok fell over while a man having a yellow umbrella was trying to help him. [nobody asked about the yellow umbrella except for one of you, i guess.]

to be honest with you, the yellow umbrella means something.

yellow is the color of happiness. it means that happiness always found its way to help hoseok, but he, himself, was the one who did not want to accept it. so, it meams that on a rainy day when hoseok felt completely down, someone came to help him, but he did not want to, because he thought that it was always too late. and at the end of chapter nineteen, hoseok fell over, because he never accepted the help which was offered to him.

he turned his back on happiness which was not the best choice he had made.

hoseok was carried to the hospital. right after he woke up, the doctor [kim seokjin] told him that he was diagnosed with leukemia.

what is leukemia?
a malignant progressive disease in which the bone marrow and other blood-forming organs produce increased numbers of immature or abnormal leukocytes. these suppress the production of normal blood cells, leading to anemia and other symptoms.

hoseok begged his friend [seokjin] to keep the disease as a secret. he did not want to let anyone know about the cancer. and as a doctor and a friend, seokjin had to keep that promise.

unaware of the disease, yoongi asked hoseok to run away with him, and hoseok told him that he will consider the offer.

in chapter twenty-six, the green luggage is mentioned a couple of times. again, nobody had paid attention to that.

well, green the color of hope. it means that hoseok still has some hope that everything will be okay. [but you guys already know the truth, don't you?]

finally, hoseok confessed that he was seeking revenge, and he never loved the young man.

that was when yoongi let go of himself. nothing mattered to him from that day. nothing. not even he, himself.

so, he made a stupid decision. he decided to marry jihyun. he decided to listen to his father. he did that, because nothing mattered to him anymore.

after hoseok figured out that he had made a big mistake by lying to the young man, he took some pills in order to help himself go to sleep... like forever. he decided to end his life.

yoongi finally married her, knowing that she was carrying hoseok's child.

before dying, hoseok tried to stop yoongi, but it was too late. he had already accepted the marriage.

feeling hopeless, hoseok goes to the same coffee shop where he first had coffee with the young man.

after the wedding party, yoongi went there with the thought of talking to the boy.

he caught the boy when he was having his last breaths.

they went to the beach, and hoseok died on the young man's shoulder after talking with him, telling him some stories about why the moon is alone in the sky among the thousand stars. [i, myself, loved that part so much¡]

four weeks later, seokjin gave a letter to yoongi.

that letter was written by hoseok, himself.

after reading the letter, he felt like that somebody was calling out his name. he was not wrong, though.

it was jimin.

and that was the end of this book, and the beginning of a new story.

what is the relationship between yoongi and jimin?
jimin had been yoongi's childhood friend from the start, so they knew each other very well.

not to mention that they fell in love, but when yoongi's father figured that out, he threatened jimin's parents to leave there.

so, mr. park's poor family left the country.

and all that was left for yoongi, was jimin's memories, and a drawing. [which was kept in a box under the bed.]

but all of a sudden, at the end of this book, jimin returns.

will there be a sequel?
i am not sure, yet. but if there is a sequel, i will let you know.

the sequel will definitely be a yoonmin fanfiction.

also, i can answer your questions, too. if you have any, drop them here. or you can dm me.

thank you for reading♡
—with love,
ellie