Chapter 12 - On a sour note

I woke up to the vibrations from my phone. 

Since I was sharing the room with others, I did not want to risk waking them up with my alarm so I put it on vibrate mode.

It's 5am, so I have a couple of hours to get ready. No need to hurry.

I did a few stretches for a few minutes to wake up my muscles then got out of bed. I saw my room mate Cathy turn her head to look at me.

"Hey, you're up early," she greeted.

I just smiled in acknowledgment.

"Full day ahead?" She prodded.

I sighed. I guess I won't be able to escape the room quietly like I planned.

"I heard there's always a long line at the ticket booth in Disneyland so I wanted to be there early," I explained.

"You going with that guy again?" She asked.

Wow, she's not even trying to hide her interest anymore.

I frowned a bit and just nodded, starting to feel invaded with the questions.

"I saw you already sleeping when I got back around 1am. I was suprised to see you, I thought you would have stayed out longer," she shared.

"Oh I'm not really a party person," I explained. "Plus I wanted to have enough rest for today."

She smiled. "Well that guy looked like he'd be up for any party. If he needs someone to go with, I'm free."

I froze.

"That's okay with you, right?" You said you were just friends," she continued, noticing my reaction.

I forced myself to smile. "I'll let him know."

I hurriedly gathered my toiletries and towel then left the room quickly to end this uncomfortable conversation.

---------

I took my time in the bathroom, hoping Cathy would be asleep again when I got back. I don't want to talk about Matt with her again.

She was not on her bed when I got back so I quickly got dressed, checked my bags if I have everything I'd need for the day, then left the room.

I'm almost an hour early for our agreed time so I decided to take a stroll outside the hotel. Maybe I can still catch the sunrise.

I put on my coat and headed out. The air was still misty from the morning dew and it was a bit cloudy so I probably would not see the sunrise, but I liked seeing Nathan Road not filled people so I continued walking.

A few meters down, I reached the seaside. A lot of people were already in the area, doing their morning exercises or just soaking in the morning atmosphere, like I am.

I sat down on a bench and watched the people passing by. It's a habit I've developed while dating my ex, I'm almost always waiting for him during our dates so I looked for ways to kill time til he arrives.