Chapter 1: the invitations

I'm found standing on my porch, leaning on the railing. My eyes scanning the snow filled streets in front of me. My blue quills shining in the sunlight. My eyes shut tight and my ears pin against my skull as a scream hits my sensitive ears.

"SONIKUU!!!"

I just sigh, waiting for the pink hedgehog to hug the life out of me. But it never came. I opened my eyes to find my self proclaimed 'girlfriend' standing in front of me, eyes sparkling with excitement. She hands me an envelope.

"What's this Amy?" I asked. "It's an invitation. I'm inviting everyone to stay at my house for the week of Christmas. Like a party!" She explains. "So, are you going to come?!" She exclaims. "Sure" I smiled to her then went inside my house.

Tails was in the living room, holding a mug of hot chocolate. His eyes met mine. "What's that?" He asked. "An invintation to a party at Amy's house" I say while tossing the envelope to him. He looks at it and opens it. "Are you gonna go?" He asked after reading the paper. "Yeah. Although I'm scared Amy might use this as a chance to get with me." I replied. Tails opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

I open the door to see Amy again. "Hey Sonic! Can you do me a favor? Please!?" She exclaimed. "Sure Ames, what is it?" I replied. "Well, I have a few more invitations to give out, but I have to go babysit Cream for Vanilla. Can you go pass them out for me?" Amy said. "Sure, just who's left?" I asked. "Only five people. Vector, Charmy, and Espio along with Rouge and Shadow" she replied. "Got it! I'll get the invites to them!" I flashed her my famous thumbs up and took the three invitations she handed me. I sped off with a sonic boom, heading to the chaotix detective agency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door is opened to show vector. "Hey sonic! What brings you here?" He says while opening the door wider, letting me inside. Espio is sitting in the living room, meditating. Charmy is decorating a small Christmas tree. "Amy wanted me to invite yall to a Christmas party" I reply while handing vector the invitation. "Thanks! You can tell Amy that we'll be there!" Vector said. I nodded and ran out the door to the next location.

I arrive at a house shining bright as crystals. Club Rouge. The owner makes sure her house-turned-club is as bright as can be, even in the daylight. I walk into the club and head to the bar. "Hey big blue. What brings you here?" Rouge said in her normal, flirtatious voice. "Amy is hosting a Christmas party and sent me to invite you" I reply, handing her the envelope. "Thanks blue, although I might not be able to make it. G.U.N is needing me that week. I'll have to check with them to see if they can send someone else" she said before waving and heading to serve a customer. I nod and speed out the door, heading to the next, and final location.

You see, a thing about shadow is that he keeps a lot of things to himself. One of these things includes his address. Reminding myself of that, I skid to a stop. I tap my foot while thinking. 'Tails, knuckles, Amy and pretty much everyone else is in the same spot as me. Rouge said once before that shadow told her not to tell anyone, and knowing how trustworthy she is, she won't tell me. There's only one place I know he goes to. Let's just hope he's there' I thought as I flick my nose and run off to none other than the Guardian Units Of Nations.