Chapter 7: Finally free

My eyes open slowly as I remember where I am. I slowly untangle myself from shadow and get up. As I start to stand, I'm pulled right back down. "Morning sonic~" said the ebony one who was now hugging me. "Morning Shads. Now, can you please let me go?" He sighed and let me go, and we both stood up. I looked over to the entrance of the cave which was almost fully melted. My face lit up as I ran out. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't care. About a minute passed before I headed back to the cave to find shadow. He put everything back In the bag tails gave me. We both started walking to the original location we were heading to before the blizzard and explain to everyone where we were. "Are we going to tell them?" Shadow asked. "What?" "Are we going to tell the others? About us?" He asked. I look down. "I was thinking of keeping it a secret for a while. I don't know how'd they'd take me as being gay. I'm just scared they will just push me out." He looked over to me. "If they're really your friends, they'll accept you no matter what" I look over at him. "Yeah, your right. Although, I still wanna keep it a secret. Just for now" he nods and we continue walking.

I knock twice on a beige wooden door. A bubblegum pink hedgehog opens the door and immediately hugs me. I look over at shadow and mouth 'help'. He just chuckles. I glare at him. I turn back to Amy. "Hey Ames. Sorry were a few days late. We got stuck in the blizzard." She looks up at me with watering eyes. "It's a-alright. Just, DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I thought you got hurt o-or got captured by eggman or e-even worse, DIED!" My ears pinned against my skull because of a pink hedgehog screaming in my face. I rub her back. "Hey Ames, it's alright. I'm here. And nobody's gonna capture me any time soon!" I flash my signature thumbs up. She just smiles and lets me inside. Next person to hug me was Tails. "Sonic! Where were you?!" I hugged him back. "Sorry lil' bro. Me and Shads got stuck in that blizzard. We just got out" He looked up at me, hugged tighter, then let go. Everyone welcomed me and shadow and said how worried they were. At least we were still going to spend 3 days here. "Well, how about we all go shopping! Since tomorrow is Christmas Eve, we should go out and buy each other presents!" Amy said. We all agreed and headed out to the nearest mall.