Prologue

Once, she was a good and kind-hearted witch. But, she had a fateful encounter with a dark and powerful Lich. She stopped his plan and his cunning ways, yet she was spellbound by his dark and alluring gaze.

The witch sought power to govern and command, she took it from the dark one's hand; a crimson flower he did bestow, in exchange for the witch to let him go. It enhanced her power a hundredfold, yet the flower had a price untold.

The witch became the Lich's puppet to command. He stretched forth his influence through her hand, until there was nothing left but ruin and shame.

But that was when the God King came.

He freed the witch from the Lich's grasp, yet he did not know that the good witch had become an asp. He married her, and they became one, but he could not see how twisted her mind had become.

The Dark Queen betrayed her husband and his Creed, cursing the land to suffer and bleed, until there was almost nothing left, but the God King upon his plateau bereft.

She then usurped the low land using her twisted black sand.

Upon the plateau high, the God King waits with his watchful eye. As an old medicine man, he sits and sings, bringing life to his people through the small trickling spring.

No fancy courts for him, no guards needed to stand tall and grim. The starry sky is his roof above, the rising sun is his herald, the moon is his love.

From his meager throne of natural stone, he sits by himself, but is never alone.

And so they are, both watching the others realm from afar; The God King upon his thrown of stone, The Dark Queen in her wasteland as dry as bone. There they both will stay, until mankind can turn the dark sands away.