TEN

T E N // H E N R Y

"Good morning," Shania said as she hurried in the next morning, a copy of a Tale of Two Cities in one hand and a coffee in the other.

"'Sup," I said, staring intently at the phone.

She just smirked and sat down at her desk, taking a long sip of coffee. "How was your weekend?"

"My weekend?" I asked, my head snapping up.

"Yes, your weekend."

"I, er, went cat shopping with Isaac," I mumbled, still staring at the phone.

"Wow," Shania said, smiling. "Not hanging about, are you?"

"Oh, shut up," I said.

She leaned over and chucked her coffee cup in the bin. "I'm guessing it was fun."

"Why?"

"Because you've been staring at the phone the whole time i've been talking to you."

I made a few weird noises. "Well, y'know -"

Shania just waved her hand slightly. "Kidding. It's kind of cute. Oh, and -"

She was interrupted by the phone ringing. I picked it up instantly. "Yeshelloyou'vereachedourphelplinehowmayihelpyou?"

"You're still answering wrong," Shania whispered, grinning, as I tried to remember how to breathe.

"Hey, it's Isaac -"

"Isaac!" Shania cried, leaning over and snatching the phone off me. "I had something I wanted to ask you."

"Shoot," Isaac's (slightly muffled) voice replied.

"I was wondering whether you wanted to come to dinner with me and Mike and Henry tomorrow? If you're free, I mean you might have plans -"

"Yes!" Isaac said. "I mean, uh, yeah, cool. See you."

Then he hung up.

Shania turned to me, grinning. "Don't think about asking me, or anything," I said grumpily, but all I was really thinking was Isaac's coming to dinner with us Isaac's coming over Isaac Isaac Isaac

I really needed to get out more.

"I knew you'd come," Shania said dismissively. "And look at you. You're so excited you can hardly sit down."

That was kind of true.

- - - - - - - - -

a.n: edited 13/11/15
for des because i can't give her a cat but i can give her a dedication