Paladins

A couple hours later

Keith's POV

It's been a while and Allura still wasn't able to find the red lion's location. But I guess that's good in my situation. Because a sleeping (Y/n) is right beside me, just sleeping comfortable on my shoulder. I never imagined this would have such a toll on him. I look to my side and I see his face, which is incredibly cute when he's asleep. I hid my feelings, so no one would get suspicious on how I feel. But (Y/n)... was the first and maybe the only person who accepts me and understands me. He's the only person who brought me out of my shell.

"Mmm..." His slowly begin to open his eyes. "Good morning." I said and his head shot up. "Morning? I was asleep for and entire day?!" He said surprised. "No no. You were only asleep for a couple of hours." I said calmly. "Geez Keith don't scare me like that!" He said while pouting. "Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Keith the others have returned!" Allura said as two lions came into view. Yellow and green were the colors of the Lions. "I also managed to get the coordinates of the Red Lion." She said. "Well that's great! Where is it?" (Y/n) asked very excited. "On... the Galra battleship...". Then suddenly the ship comes into view and is near the planet. Oh no.

Shiro, Pidge, Hunk, and Lance came into the bridge and we were stuck on this problem. "Guys how are we going to get the Red Lion back from the Galra ship?" (Y/n) asks, but he seems really worried. "I might have an idea." Shiro says. "The Galra don't know we have the yellow, and green lions. We can use that to our advantage. We can bait them using the blue lion and we can use the green lion to get inside the ship." Shiro's plan sounds like it will work. "But before you can do that..." we all turn to Allura. "You are all going to need your weapons and armor."

(Y/n)'s POV

Allura guided us to the armory, where there was suits of armor. There were black, red, green, blue, and yellow suits of armor. Keith took red, Pidge with green, Hunk with yellow, Lance with blue, and Shiro with black. I didn't have armor as there was only five suits, but that didn't bother me. Then I see some strange looking objects. "Those are bayards. When held by a life form a weapon will materialize based on the beings personality." Allura said to me. Everyone went to get their own bayard.

Lance grabbed the blue bayard and a gun materialized, and Lance was awestruck. Hunk grabbed the yellow bayard and another gun materialized, but it looked like a Gatling gun. Keith grabbed the red bayard and a sword materialized into his hand. Pidge grabbed the green bayard and what materialized was something small like a knife or a dagger. "Aw you got a cute little bayard." Lance said all smug and Pidge responds by hitting Lance with his bayard and Lance screams in pain. "Heh. Yeah cute."

I look back at the container that held the bayards, and I tried to find the black one, but I didn't see it. "I see you must be looking for the black bayard." Allura said to me. I nod and she motions Shiro to come to her. "I'm sorry Shiro but your bayard was lost along with its original paladin." "It won't matter. This is a stealth mission. Hopefully no violence will be needed." Shiro said. After they all geared up, the plan went into motion.

Narrator's POV

Commander Sendak is now only a few doboshes away from Arus. "Prepare the Ion Cannon." He said with a firm tone. The Ion Cannon began to charge. "Attention paladins of Voltron. Surrender the Blue Lion at once, or we will blast you all into oblivion. You have ten ticks to respond." And he begins to count. "1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9-" "Alright we surrender we are giving you the Blue Lion." Said a certain blue cladded paladin.

The Ion Cannon stops charging and the blue lion gets closer, but while that is in motion the green lion lands on the undercarriage of the ship. Those who came out were Shiro, Keith, and Pidge. (Y/n) is left behind at the castle as he does not have armor or a weapon. Pidge burns a hole into the ship and the three enter.