A New Challenger Appears

The next day

Narrator's POV

In the deep vast darkness of space lies million of planets. However there is one place where they are all ruled over. The Galra High Command. A place filled with Galra fighters, druids, and drones, all waiting for command of their emperor Zarkon.

Deep inside the station, lies five druids and the emperor himself. The druids perform a ceremony transferring the quintessence that has been obtained to Zarkon. The room fills with an eerie purple light and power surges through the room. The quintessence has been transferred and Zarkon's body is filled with a new and stronger power.

Among the druids was a strong witch, known to be Zarkon's advisor and planner, the High-Priestess Haggar. "Sire, the beast is almost to Arus." She says. "This quintessence gives me so much power, I could just go and take the Voltron lions myself." Zarkon said boasting himself after gaining his power. "I know sire, and there is no need. My creation will defeat the Paladins and capture the lions for you. Then the most powerful weapon in the universe will be ours." She says confidently.

What Hagar says is true. The beast that she has been working on is only a few Vagas away. This beast was known as The Gladiator and is that is filled with raw strength and was the top fighter in the arena, that is until someone took his place which is known as The Champion. The Gladiator developed an absolute hatred toward The Champion and will do anything to take revenge, and even if it meant serving Hagar and Zarkon, he would gladly take the chance.

Back on Arus

Keith's POV

"Good job everybody. We're really getting the hang of Voltron." Shiro said as we walked to the dinning room. "Man did you see how far I kicked that broken Galra ship? It must've been like a mile." Lance said being all proud of himself. "Yeah. That would be great when the Galra challenge Voltron to a soccer match." I said and Lance turned to me. "Look I get it. I did something cool and you can't handle it." "We got off balance. We fell." "Well that falling part was Hunk's fault!" "Hey!" Hunk said after being called out for something he obviously didn't do. "Alright knock it off. Save the fighting for when we fight Zarkon." Shiro said stoping the fight.

"Hey guys!" I heard a voice coming from a hallway. I look to where the voice was coming from and I saw (Y/n) carrying some packs of water. "Hey (Y/n)." I said and the others look at me weird. "Since when do you act less... uh... emoy?" Lance asked but I just ignore him. "Oh I guess I haven't told you. Me and Keith have know each other for a few years now." He said to Lance and his eyes widened. "Wait you were friends with Keith?" Lance asked. "Yeah and I'm still friends with him. He was there for me and I'm here for him." He said as he passes out the packs of water to us. "He holds a special place in my heart and that's something I treasure deeply." He said. Then I see Coran behind him with something in his hands.

"Hello paladins how was your training?" He asked. "We're getting there. By the way are you almost done fixing the castle so we can leave Arus? I feel like we're sitting ducks out here." Shiro said. "Well you can worry about those sitting ducks later because we're almost done. And in the meantime why don't you enjoy a good old fashioned paladin lunch!" Coran said revealing a bowl of god knows what. It looks like a combination of alien guts and vomit combined. The rest of us were disgusted by the look of it and it smells terrible. "This lunch is packed with nutrients that will help any paladin gain strength." Coran said. "That provides strength? I feel weak just looking at it." (Y/n) said. "I just got hooked on the goo and now we're changing it up. I'm gonna head to the kitchen and make something more appetizing." Hunk said leaving the dining room.