three: welcome home.

he jumped out from the car, slammed the door shut as he took a few small, steady steps towards the house, preferably the main door in the front. he was dressed well in his normal wear— black t-shirt with black leather jacket, some uniqlo jeans and his black vans. he did google on the current fashion in seoul and kids normally wore those nowadays.

he did try to keep up with the trend.

silence laid like a down-filled duvet over the area, muffling the slightest sound and creating an atmosphere of total tranquility. the street lamp post located a few meters away from the house was the only source of light in the streets, illuminating the whole structure of the rather medium-sized house to be viewed better.

the quietness was almost tangible, no rustle of clothing, breathing slow and barely audible, even the once creaking of the house settling was stilled as though to order.

it was just that silent.

there was a door bell connected next to the door. dean extended his arm out and pressed his index finger against it once. instantaneously, the sound of the door bell ringing resonated across the small house. he could hear the sounds echoing from the inside of the house, signalling that the bell actually worked.

upon hearing the sound, the eldest son shifted his gaze across the wooden main door, wondering who could possibly be standing behind it.

"son, can you get the door? i'm cleaning the table." the mom shouted from the kitchen. she was too occupied in the kitchen with a hand on the hip while the other hand was scrubbing the dirt off the dining table.

the son wasn't overreacting. he just felt something was suspicious the moment he heard the bell. from what he knew, all the relatives had just left his house a few minutes ago— well, not really a few minutes ago but it was literally three minutes ago.

he felt uneasy to get the door.

feeling the response wasn't well received from the people inside, dean continuously pressed his index finger against the door bell button once again. a grimace was later took over dean's facial expressions, annoyance was slightly growing in him.

"tsk, this is how they treat their guest?" the same wince was evident on the serial killer's face, unhappy that nobody was ever going to open the door for him. or, should he just break it open and slaughter them one by one?

the door bell created a thread of ringing sounds resounding the whole house. the other son was playing some computer games in his room while the mother was still in the kitchen. there left the eldest son and the father in the house to get the door. the annoying sounds somewhat grabbed the father's attention, making him to get up from the bed and walked downstairs from his room.

"are you going to stand there, kid?" the father patted the younger's back. he wasn't too sure why his eldest son didn't bother to get the door even though he was a few steps away from it. he wanted to nag at him but eventually he opened the door instead of the son.

"hello—?" the older male inquired.

his eyebrows knitted and pressed together at the presence of the stranger standing in front of his house with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. the face was new to him and it took him by a slight surprise. "how may i help you with?"

the killer was beaming, from ear to ear, the moment when the door was opened for him, finally. it made everything easier since he didn't really have to break the door and slaughter everyone just like how he'd intended earlier, thanks to the dad, he assumed.

"hi— are you mr. kang?" dean threw a question back at the taller, palm rubbing gently against his bare nape as he still had his slender digits wrapped around the bouquet of roses in his hand.

the father quirked his left eyebrow at the other, still trying to remember his face but to no avail. one thing for sure, he seemed familiar in some ways but couldn't point it out. being an old person, the memory wasn't that strong as it used to be. he tended to forget things easily. "yes i am. but may i ask who might you be?"

"oh, i am your second cousin residing in busan." dean tossed some bullshits but he did some research that mr. kang did have some cousins in the state he mentioned.

"who—"

"am i late to the family gathering?" dean shifted the question to avoid any suspicious remarks. at the same time, he was trying his old pathetic way to lure the people in. "but it's okay if the gathering is over, i can head back to busan by bus now." the male muttered.

"well, i do have some cousins over there and i only invited my family members on facebook," the old male hummed lowly in thoughts. "since you know the address and information regarding the family gathering, i'm very sure you're one of us."

"yeah, i am." dean replied shortly.

"it's getting late now. you can spend the night here. i'm very sure there's no bus to busan at this hour, right?" mr. kang spoke as he gestured the other to step inside.

and the murderer went inside anyway as motioned with jubilation. he never expected the old man to be that dumb, but he guess he had everything easy in the first place.

"i bought some flowers for your family."

"ah, thank you. you can just hand them over to my son." the male responded as he closed the door behind his back, walking towards the arm chair in the living room. "honey, please prepare some drinks and food for our cousin here, he's starving."

"yes, honey." a voice spoke from distant.

once the door was shut. dean made his way towards the eldest son, handing him the bouquet of flowers with a smile painted all over his face. "here you go."

the son's eyes squinted slightly at the other's familiar face. "he seems familiar." he thought to himself.

"i guess i saw him in my kakaotalk group chat."

"what is it?" dean questioned.

the son shook his head lightly, "nothing, nothing. let me help you with that." the taller male said as he took the flowers from the killer's hands and placed them down on the flat surface of the table in the kitchen.

mr. kang leaned backwards against the chair and crossed his leg on another. "right," he slowly shifted his gaze towards the killer. "what's your name again? i am not sure if i have gotten your name, young man?"

dean neared the arm chair in the living room, sitting himself down in a chair across the old man as he inserted his slim digits together.

"my name? i'm not sure if you remember my name."

#whereisdeanfluenza