Change of heart

Dedicated to future Dr. Maria  Melo Happy Birthday!!!
April POV
I couldn't believe Jackson, how could he do such a thing? But I had more important things to worry about. So I got in my car and drove over to the DYFS office in Seattle. As I drove all I could do was think. Think about my choices, to choose Jackson and in the end, go back to Mathew, it was something I didn't understand. If god made me go through all that with Jackson, only to end up with the one I left at the alter. Why didn't I just marry him in the place?
I finally got to the office, confused about my life and descisions to say the least. When I got to see Mathew I was shocked by what I was seeing. The lady I had spoken to on the phone, had told me it was bad when I got here, but it was all a blur. And I finally realized the real was of the situation. Mathew was an alcoholic, a neglectful awful alcholholic, the man that I once knew was gone, and for the past couple of years I have been caring for, now working for this one. I was disgraced. I left, turned around and walked out the door. I knew I couldn't be with Mathew anymore, and so I drove with only one destination for comfort, one where I had been so many times before.
Jackson's POV
I couldn't face what I had done, the thing was that I knew what I did was wrong, and yet somehow I found a way to justify everything I was doing, it was insane. but Mathew was somehow ruining April, and she was letting him, it was not right, or just, or fair. And I couldn't watch it anymore, so I did what I've done, which I do feel bad about, but I do not regret because now maybe April will realize, not everything is all right.
And then there was a knock on my door.
April's POV

The one I needed was clear, and when he opened the door all my emotions cane flooding back, it was as if for the day, I had been sucked of all my love and passion, and he could bring it back. And when I saw his smile, it was all I needed, and I realized he was the one I still truly loved.
Jackson's POV
I didn't comprehend it, but there stood April on the other side of the door. I smiled, she smiled back. And it all made sense for a while, she had a change of heart.