Who Are You?

Harry was just lying on his bed, reading his textbooks to have an edge in 5th year. It was his OWL year after all. He was currently ready his DADA book, looking at the stunning charm, Stupefy.  He then closed his books, as his uncle was calling him outside to begin his chores.

Harry had just gotten back into his room after a gruelling afternoon of chores. His uncle had almost driven him to the point of insanity over these past few weeks. But he actually liked having this work to do, as it allowed him to do something apart from thinking about how he was to blame for Cedric's death.

At this point in time, he was reviewing his charms, arithmancy, runes and surprisingly enough, his potions work. Harry now had a goal of taking his studies seriously, so he would have the skills required to be able to protect his friends. But as he was exhausted, he was now trying and failing to ward off sleep. "Hello Harry Potter. I have just decided to check on you, to see if you are alright, and I was worried to see your current state." Harry was instantly awake and looking around him for whoever was talking to him. The voice began laughing, its laugh sounding somewhat melodic, and began speaking again.
"Do not worry, Harry Potter. I would never intrude unless I have your permission. I have come to talk to you because you are close to my clan. My name is Zekryointh. I have come to look for you because your ancestor was close-kin to us, but was never blood adopted." Zekryointh told him.
Zekryointh then continued to ask Harry if he could come in to him. Harry accepted, and suddenly, there was a bright flash of golden light, and a figure emerged from it.

Zekryointh was an impressive 6 feet, with eyes that looked like cat eyes, that were green. His hair was jet black, and there was an obvious V crest on his forehead. His build was somewhat bulky, but still looked agile.

Harry stood there, dumbfounded at this figure that had just appeared in his bedroom. "Hello there, Harry Potter. You are looking at one of my current forms." Zekryointh said, with a smile. Harry tilted his head to one side and asked "Forms?" Zekryointh smiled again. "I am here because you are related to the Kyriono Caracio clan, a clan of Seniorem Draco, or Elder Dragons." Harry just sat there, wide eyed. He had a million thoughts going by in his head right now. Elder dragons? Dragon was already amazing to him, but ELDER Dragons? That was a whole new level of 'wow' right there. Zekryointh just stood there, chuckling. "I know there are a lot of questions buzzing in your mind right now, and shall sit down with you and answer them. Zekryointh used his magic to conjure up a chair for him to sit on, and a table with food on it to eat. "Go on." Zekryointh asked encouragingly. "Ask away." Harry blinked at first at Zekryointh's wandless magic, and then he somehow managed to process the statement that was addressed to him.

"What do you mean by saying that I am related to the, uhh, Kiraiono Carako clan, a clan of Elder Dragons?" Harry asked, still somewhat in a daze from the information he was told. "Kyriono Caracio, Harry potter," Zekryointh corrected him. "What I said was true, Harry Potter. You are somewhat related to us, as your ancestor was instigated into our clan, but he never took a blood adoption potion, just choosing to stay in our realm," said Zekryointh, with a voice that was strangely enough, calming to Harry's ears. Harry frowned for a second. "Sir, not being rude or anything, but do you mind calling me just Harry?" Harry asked. Zekryointh smiled again. "Of course, youngling. But please do call me Zekryointh," Zekryointh insisted. "Do you mind giving me a brief history of the Elder Dragons, and your realm? " Harry curiously asked. "Of course, Harry. I understand how myself coming into your life this sudden, and claiming to be close to you must be a huge thing in your life," Zekryointh answered.

"Going back a very long time, long enough, to where humans were still in living in caves and still fascinated by fire and its properties, the Kyriono Caracio was very advanced by then. We already had various systems to keep our villages and systems going, laws to keep the justice, and lots of different occupations that took care of different things. But we then decided to leave this realm, as to not disturb the human way of life. The dragons you have here are no where as intelligent nor as powerful or large as Elder Dragons, Harry. In our place, we have occupations like Defenders, Healers and Teachers. Those are just the basic ones I could think of on the spot. But if we were to go into the various occupations, it would take us a very long time. Laws however, are extremely simple. We have three we abide by. The first one is that there is to be no intentional harm, unless those involved were just having a friendly duel. But it doesn't just mean physical, it also means emotional harm, Harry. Sure, we joke from time to time, but no talk is meant to intentionally harm another. This rule is seriously regarded, especially when the victim is a youngling. The punishment for this is that they will be considered an outcast of all villages and cities, and will not be able to trade with any other clan members. I personally have never seen this law used in my entire life time."

Harry interrupted Zekryointh quickly. "Speaking of age, exactly how old are you?" Harry asked. He expected him to be around 200 hundred years old. Chuckling lightly, Zekryointh answered, saying "Youngling, would it bother you if I said that I am 1,678 years old?" Harry's jaw dropped in an instant. He then tried to close his mouth to talk, but he was unable to produce words. He effectively looked like a fish out of water. Harry then found his voice. "How come you look so young, Zekryointh?" Harry asked with shock evident in his voice. "Elder Dragons live a very long life, Harry, around 20,000 years at least. So technically speaking, I am still in my prime." Zekryointh answered, chuckling even more when he saw Harry's jaw drop further, if that was even possible, and his eyes widen even more.

"Going back to the laws, the second law states that you are not to interfere with bonded mates. This one also has never been used in my life, especially because that jealousy rarely occurs in the clan. The same punishments apply, as we consider it dishonorable to take another's life or freedom. The third and final law is that unless you are speaking to a close-kin member of the clan, you do not reveal any secrets. And since you are considered as such, I can reveal those secrets," Zekryointh summed up his explanation of the laws. Harry then yawned. "It is nearing midnight, youngling. Perhaps you should sleep, and then we can talk more tomorrow. To call me, just think of talking to me, and I will respond," Zekryointh advised Harry. "Wait, would you mind telling me a bit about your magic and your name?" Harry asked the Kyriono Caracio clan member, in a last ditch attempt to stay with his last attempt at a true family for a bit longer. Zekryointh sensed the need and smiled sadly. "We Elder Dragons are very good in wandless magic, in fact, using a wand may actually hinder our strength. Dominantly, we are very good in elemental magic, but we are competent with things such as potions, charms and transfiguration. My full name is Zekrionth Aircutter. My family is renowned for its speed, hence the Aircutter surname. I must go now, but I promise I will come back to see you again," Zekryointh told Harry. He was sad to see the boy in front of him deflate visibly, but Harry nodded his acceptance. Zekrointh asked Harry if he could transfer knowledge about the Kyriono Caracio, such as where they live, namely cities, villages and the surrounding environment. Harry eagerly accepted, and when Zekryionth disappeared in another bright flash of golden light, he fell into the best sleep he had in forever.

Chapter one DONE! Hope you like the story so far.

Word count - 1,417

Have a wonderful day or night,

LightningR