Slenderman/The Operator

I'm pretty sure everyone, EVERYONE, in the Creepypasta fandom knows that the Slenderman and the Operator are two separate entities.

The Operator belongs to the Marble Hornets franchise and has powers which manifest in the form of Slender sickness which is characterized as headaches, bleeding, dissociative episodes, and so on. It can often be interpreted as a sign of other mental/physical illnesses.

The Slenderman has origins from the Something Awful Forum for a photo contest. There isn't that much information on the creature outside of the pictures depicting him featuring him be near or surrounded by children. 

Listen, both characters share the traits of being tall, faceless beings existing in the woods without a clear motive outside of harming mortals. 

XXXXX

Slenderman is also given a more fatherly role in modern, idealistic creepypasta fanfictions. You know the ones, they normally consist of weird, kind of nonsensical OCs and a weird, unnecessary romance subplot.

Not important this chapter though.

Slenderman and the Operator are totally separate characters, those who have existed in the fandom for a while are well aware. However, you can't fault those who believe that they are the same considering how little is known of the Slenderman and how much could be ascribed to the Operator and Marble Hornets. 

That being said, combining the two and making an even more horrifying monster with unimaginable powers and a loose sense of origins to add on the idea that the creature is either 1. a tulpa (Slenderman), or 2. a monster that has existed since the beginning of time (Operator)

But that's just an opinion/headcanon/long suffering alternate universe in my head.