Clockwork

Everybody hates Clockwork.

Be it because of her story, her appearance, or even the fact that she is 'canonically' paired with Ticci Toby.

(You won't believe the amount of rant books that feature Clockwork and yell about her being paired with Toby, you know, despite the fact that the creators of both are SUPER FINE with only those two being shipped. It's like no research went into that issue)

Trust me, Clockwork's story has a slew of issues, ranging from the poor way her abuse and rape from a family member (her brother) is handled to the fact that she completely hulks out and slaughters an entire 'medical' facility, including armed guards.

It's unrealistic, even for a creepypasta, where your suspension of belief is already stretched so thin especially with the amount of detail in gore.

Commonly, another complaint is the whole 'You can't start puberty at 9' thing which is inaccurate. Puberty can start as early as 8, but it ranges from person to person. As a result, Clockwork stating she started puberty at 9 isn't wrong or rare, it's a pretty common occurrence and I'm shocked more people (especially the female audience) are mad about that part.

I think my biggest issues with Clockwork are that her story defaults into the old timey tropes of 'receiving mental health help will only result in more abuse and harm' and 'mental health facilities and staff are evil/bad'... which is just... bad for obvious reasons. 

Another point is also the amount of people that refer to her as a 'whore' or a 'slut' which is also kind of weird, especially when you consider the whole 'fangirls will call any female creepypasta a 'whore' or 'slut' when they are paired with [insert favorite creepypasta male character here]' chapter has either occurred before they talk about Clockwork or somewhere after.

Look, you can hate Clockwork for a lot of better reasons and use some better explanations that doesn't dissolve into slut-shaming a fictional character.