The Life And Death Of Olivia Pendragon

Olivia's POV

"Father?", his eyes softened and his lips curled into a welcoming smile as he opened his arms. I ran to him with tears running down my face. I felt my small frame collide with his as he enveloped me in his arms. I let myself snuggle into his chest as his strong grip tightened around me. I let my lungs fill with the familiar scent of his cologne.

"I have missed you so much", tears were pouring down my cheeks as I spoke. His large hands were drawing comforting circles on my back as he cooed me and placed a familiar kiss at the top of my head.

"It has been so difficult, father, so difficult", I cried like a river.

"It's alright, I am here now, you are going to be okay", I felt as he took my face in his large hands. I was still a head shorter than him. I was very petite for being a woman at my age.

"You have been so strong, Olivia, so strong", I let air enter my lungs as our eyes met. Father smiled lovingly at me.

"Am I... am I dead?", he stroked away a piece of my hair and placed it behind my ear. He was so calm, so warm in his actions and behaviour.

"No, you're not. You are in between death and life, Merlin and Gaius are trying to save you as we speak", my eyebrows furrowed at him.

"Then how come that you are here?", he smirked.

"I wish I knew...", he smiled sadly as his hand cupped my cheek. I placed mine on top of his and snuggled into his palm. Our eyes met, all four of them held pure and honest love.

"You have a granddaughter now", tears started to prickle his eyes as his thumb stroke over my cheek.

"I know, and I could not have been prouder. I just wish that the reason for your pregnancy was because of love... not because of an unforgivable act of greediness", I let my arms sneak around his waist once more, I never wanted to let go.

"I can not stand having to look upon her face all day long, seeing him... but I still love her, father. She is my child, she is of my blood, our blood", I felt his grip around me tighten.

"I know... and so do I. No matter who her father is, she is your daughter, and you are the one who will raise her, not her father", he looked down at me and our light eyes met.

"You get to decide who she will be, how she will act, how she will treat others. Peter will take care of her, just like he and you will take care of each other, that I know...", I smiled at him, tears were still falling down my cheeks.

"I believe... I believe that you will return to me one day. Because it is said that you are the Once and Future King of Camelot, and I choose to believe that. The fact that you are here only strengthens that belief...", he gave me a look.

"Olivia...", he sighed, telling me to stop, but I continued.

"I will wait for you, I will always wait for you, father... because I love you and I want you to know my children". His eyes softened as his right hand stroked away my tears.

"Your belief in me... that is all I need", we shared loving smiles.

"I love you, Olivia Gweneviere Pendragon, and I do believe that it is time for you to return to the real world now. Just remember one thing... I am always looking over you, always". I had no time to respond before my father faded before my eyes and the once light setting turned black.

****

Peter's pov

(During the labour)

I heard the small cries of a child, and from that exact moment, I knew that I would care for her as if she was of my own flesh and blood.

The midwife wrapped the baby up in a blanket and handed her to me. I looked down at her and immediately saw the resemblance between the child and her mother. She looked nothing like her father. That made me wonder if my future children would look anything like me at all. I smiled like never before, this was my daughter, no matter who her biological father was.

"It's a girl", said I with a light laugh in my throat, she was so beautiful. I heard a faint; "she's beautiful", coming out of my wife's mouth.

My eyes immedetley travelled to Olivia and the smile which I had worn only moment before faded quickly. I watched as her eyes closed and her breathing slowed, she was dying. My eyes widdened in realisation as I handed the baby to Gweneviere. The Queen Mother looked frightened by the sight of her daughter but her eyes showed great strenght as they landed on mine, she nodded with her lips tightly pressed together. She looked down at her granddaughter and smiled slightly. I quickly hurried over to my wife and took a hold of her hand.

"Olivia, please, just stay with me", I heard the door open and Gaius rushed in with a scared expression on his face. Merlin was already on the opposite side of her, right in front of me. His eyes held more concern than anyone's as he took a hold of her chin and started to chant. I could not hear what he said, but I knew that he was trying his best to save my wife.

Gaius hurried over to my side and took a look at my wife. The colour was starting o drain from her face.

"Peter, you must get me some water and a couple of towels, she is loosing too much blood", I nodded hurriedly and ran to the well. I gathered some water and on my way up to our chambers, I took some towels with me from the servants' quarters. Once I reached the room again the setting was the same as before. I prayed silently because if she died, I wasn't sure that I wanted to live either.

*****

Merlin's pov

Her body was lifeless, all that could be heard in the room was the cries of her daughter. Her body was covered in sweat and blood. I took her face in my hands and looked at her as I started to chant with tears pouring down my cheeks. Nothing was working. It was as if she didn't want to come back, as if something was stopping her.

"You will not die tonight, do you hear me?!", I said to her in frustration. I heard the door open and knew that Peter had returned with the towels and the water. I closed my eyes and tried even harder, it went to the point that I started to scream out the words. Nothing was happening. I let the tears fall as I looked down at the girl, the young woman that had been through so incredibly much, and also the woman that was like a daughter to me. I had promised Arthur to take care of her, and I had failed. I let the tears fall as I growled in frustration.

"NO!", I had not felt so much grief since her father passed away in my arms. I let my head rest next to her as I sobbed into the crook of her neck. She was gone, Olivia Gweneviere Pendragon was dead.