NINE

Kat was walking around the town early in the morning with Samantha

Kat was walking around the town early in the morning with Samantha. She was wearing a pink blouse tucked into a white poodle skirt with low white heels while Kat wore a short-sleeved red blouse tucked into a black plaid pencil shirt with red low heels. The two best friends were making casual conversation, the slight gossip and of course, boys.

"How are you and Ace?" Samantha knowingly teased with a smirk.

"I don't know. I really like him, and he's a complete love boat," Kat gushed with a massive smile. "But, what he did to that kid the day I met him, it was horrible, who knows what he would've done if I didn't butt in. Plus, I haven't seen him since that double date we had, since our kiss, that was 2 days ago, maybe I'm just overthinking but-" Kat rambled before Sammy interjected.

She grabbed her friend's shoulder and looked deep into her hazel orbs. "Yes, yes you are overthinking. Like you said, it's only been 2 days. I haven't seen Richie in 2 days, and I'm doing alright. I get that you're completely and utterly smitten over this boy, but even ditsy me can tell that the feelings are mutual. Alright?"

Kat nodded along with her best friend but suddenly scrunched up her nose in confusion and disgust. "Richie?" She burst out with a chuckle. "You mean Eyeball, Ace's mate that you were flirting with at the bar? His names actually Richie?!" She couldn't help but laugh out.

"Eyeball?" Sammy laughed as well.

——

Samantha and Kat finished shopping and ended up going to a diner for lunch. They were sat at a window booth drinking their milkshakes and munching on fries as they laughed with each other.

Samantha's laughing turned quiet as she started smirking. Kat followed her gaze out the window to see a group of boys, which included Ace and Richie. Kat snickered at the thought of Eyeball's real name.

Samantha placed some money on the table and pulled her best friend out of the booth by her arm with force Kat didn't know she had. "C'mon Kat, were going to see our men!" Sammy squealed.

They crossed the road to where the group of boys were loitering. All the boys' backs were turned to the two girls as they approached them. Samantha was the first to make her presence aware to the boys as she jumped on Richie's back and kissed his cheek multiple times. Kat rolled her eyes at the couple with a playful scoff.

She turned her attention to the other boys, finally settling her eyes on the handsome blonde she had grown feelings for. Kat walked towards him as he steadied himself away from the wall he was leaning on and smirked over at her. "Hello gorgeous," Ace greeted once Kat was stood in front of him. "You look exquisite today," the boy scrunched his nose up at the new word, testing out the regal-ness of it before continuing to snake his hands around Kat's small waist and pulling her closer to his chest.

"Don't I always?" Kat joked as she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck.

"You certainly do," Ace mumbles as he closed the distance between their lips. Their lips moved in sync as Kat's hands laced through his short golden locks while his travelled to her hips and lower back. The kiss got more passionate and heated as he gently fell backwards so his back hit the brick wall, tramping himself between the wall and the girl.

Kat placed her hands on the sides of Ace's face and pull away slightly. Ace groaned and tried to yank her lips back to his, but was stopped when Kat suddenly burst out with a question.

"What do you want us to be, Ace?"

"What?" The boy furrowed his light eyebrows.

"I mean, would you ever want us to be something more than ...this.." Kat trailed off, not really knowing how to describe what they were at that moment.

"You mean, you want me to ask you to my girlfriend?" Ace smirked as he pulled Kat's hips closer to his.

"N-no. that's not what -" Kat stuttered with embarrassment as Ace frowned. "Only if you want to," Kat quietly mumbled in defeat.

"Well then, Miss Summers, I'd love it if you were my girl if you'll take me? Which I know you will," Ace remarked as he hugged her torso to his with a genuine smile plastered to his slightly sunburnt skin.

She didn't answer verbally, but instead wrapped her arms around his neck tighter and pulled his lips down for a loving kiss. The sort of one where you expressed all your love and feelings into a simple lip lock.

She was completely smitten for this man, and she knows he feels the same now.

————
This chapter is dedicated to wcnderwalls as she made me more motivated to write. I decided to officially couple Kat and Ace together in this chapter for her as I know she stans this ship so much. Also, if you don't already, go follow her. Her works are amazing and she is so talented. So go show my girl some love 💖