1 ~ Airport Hugs

Y/N's pov

I stepped off the plane, the warm air of LA instantly hitting my face. Ah, it was good to be out of England for a while.

I wandered through the airport checkout with my luggage trailing behind me. My eyes scanned the crowd and they fell upon a man holding a board with my name on it. A huge smile grew on my face as I realised who it was.

Shayne.

I ran as fast as I could towards him, my suitcase still in hand, and jumped into his arms. His tight embrace reminded me of when we were young.

After about a minute of just standing there, he pulled away, a smile etched onto his face.

"I'm so happy you're here Y/N. I missed you so much." He said.
"I missed you too Shayne." And I hugged him again, only this time I didn't want to let go.

If you're wondering why we are being reunited, I moved to England when I was 11 because of my dad. At 14, I somehow got in contact with him and from that day, we talked all the time.

And now we're here. 25 years old, in LA, with my childhood best friend.

"You've changed so much. Your hair got longer, your face, no more chubby cheeks," I laughed as he pinched my cheeks, "And a British accent."
"You've changed too. Your hair, i-it's Blonde now. And you're tall and buff and, god. How long has it been?" I said, sighing.
"Like, 14 years." He replied.
"Wow."

The next hour was filled with laughter, and bad singing from Shayne. Personally, I'd say I'm pretty good at singing. And then, I was at Shayne's apartment, gawking at its beauty. In England, it's all boring houses and grim sky and horrible weather. LA, it's different.

"Do you have a place to stay at yet?" Shayne asked from the kitchen where he was fixing us drinks.
"Oh, um, not yet. Hopefully I can get a job and rent something. I don't know." I replied. I heard a slight chuckle as Shayne walked back into the room, handing me a cup of coffee.
"Well you'd be lucky. It's quite expensive to rent here. Half a million dollars could probably only get you a small apartment to buy. (I don't know if that true or not so just go with it)
"Oh great, I'll be homeless then."
"You can always just stay here, you know. I mean, that's if you want to."
"Really?That's awesome. Thanks!" I put my coffee on the table and tackled him into a hug, knocking us both over into the couch.

"Hey Shayne, I'm back- uhh. Who's this?" A new voice asked.

I scrambled off of Shayne and stood up, brushing myself off. Walking over to this man, I held out my hand.

"I'm Y/N L/N"
"Damien Haas." He shook my hand.

I looked at his features. He had, slightly messy, brown hair and green/brown eyes. His jawline was perfect and he had slight stubble.

Shaking my head, I quickly flashed a smile at him and headed back to the couch. I picked up my coffee and drank it fast.

"Hey Shayne? Where's your spare room? I'm gonna unpack now so it's out the way." I asked him.
"Last door on the right."
"Thanks."

I took my suitcase and bags and headed to the room. On the way there, I heard this Damien guy ask Shayne: "Dude, explain."

Damien's pov

I walk into mine and Shayne's apartment after coming back from my girlfriends house. We just had an argument and all I wanted to do was to play some video games. I notice a suitcase and a bag by the door. Completely perplexed, I shrug it off.

But I walk in to find a girl laid on top of Shayne on the couch, and they're hugging.

"Hey Shayne, I'm back- uhh. Who's this?" I ask, but not rudely.