Why? (Ten)

Pairing: Ten x Reader
Warnings: none.
Word count: 1.1k.

After your and Ten's relationship was revealed to the public there have been a lot of positive and negative opinions about it. Some people congratulated you and some cursed you for taking their idol away from them. It's normal that there are so many different opinions since your boyfriend In fact is an idol under Sm entertainment with the rest of his members of Nct.

You and Ten agreed that it would be for the best to just ignore the opinion of others and just focus on your own personal happiness. And it honestly worked for some time. But later on someone pointed out that you and Takuya look good together. You and Takuya have been friends since you were kids and when you recently hung out to catch up some people took pictures of you two. Lots of people started shipping you with him. Making edits, talking about how cute you looked together.

Of course Ten knew about this childhood friend of your and he was friends with Takuya as well. Since they are both idols and foreigners they had a lot of thing in common and they immediately became friends. That of course made you happy. As time went on people couldn't stop shipping you with Takuya and it's started to get to Ten. He tried to ignore it as much as possible. He kept telling himself that people are just delusional and that you and Takuya are like brother and sister.

There was one comment that made Ten lose it. He broke down. "I don't understand how is y/n still with Ten? Like Takuya is more talented and popular? He is an actor, singer and a leader. He is extremely gorgeous and he is so tall. He is 1,88cm tall and that's so impressive. Like he is such a perfect man for Y/n. They could be such a power couple." He read the comment over and over again. Every time he read it, it hurt him more and more with each word.

He didn't know what to do with himself. He felt so upset yet so insecure. Whenever he thought about you being with Takuya he would go crazy. He would start to feel jealous as time went by. And he knew he shouldn't feel that way yet there he is. He decided to push you away until he put all of his thoughts into one piece. He kept ignoring you for a whole week. And one week later he texted you one short and scary text message. "Come over, we need to talk."

When you saw that text your blood went cold. You felt scared, anxious. He wasn't going to break up with you right? But you were left alone, ignored for a whole week without any explanation so why were you supposed to think? The walk to the dorm felt so long even tho it was 5 minutes away from your apartment. As you walked in the dark streets, the cold weather hitting your face you couldn't help but feel so scared. You couldn't imagine what could happen once you sit down to talk to Ten. You were absolutely terrified.

When you reached the dorm and knocked on the door a messy haired Ten opened the door. You went for a hug to greet him but he stepped away letting you inside. Yup there was definitely something wrong. You slowly sat down on Ten's bed as you took off your coat. He came in and closed the door. He sat right in front of you, not even dating to look you in the eyes. And that made you even more anxious. You played with your fingers nervously. "So what do you want to talk about?" You asked quietly but he still heard you.

"Let's break up." The words left his mouth without hesitation. The room went silent. You needed a moment to process what you heard. You expect something similar for this to happen but you prayed that it wouldn't be true. You felt your heart break into a million pieces as you repeated Ten's words in your head. Why? Was the only question you had. Did you do something wrong? Or was it because Ten realized that you are far from good enough for him?

"Why?" You asked barely audible but he still managed to hear you. He heard the crack in your voice that told him that you were on the verge to tears. As the silent lingered on you felt even more hurt. You couldn't hold it in. You started crying. Your hands were shaking as you tried to wipe the tears that were rolling down your cheek painful slow.

"I just don't feel good enough for you!" Ten snapped. His voice was shaking as well, he felt like could cry any moment. "This past week I've been thinking a lot about you, about us and I realized that you will be so much better without me." That's when it happened. He started crying as well. He couldn't control keep all the burden that kept piling up inside of him this past week.

"People have been shipping you with Takuya a lot lately and the more I thought about it the more I understood why. You are extremely gorgeous and he is also an idol that is crazy talented, handsome and tall. I'm the exact opposite from him. He could make you happy, he looked good for you. He is such a better choice for you than i am. So why are you still with me?!" He yelled out as his tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I'm with you because I love you and you are perfect for me! Not anyone else okay? You have my heart, not him! Stop comparing yourself to him cuz your a million times better than him! I can promise you that." You said but all he did was a look at the ground as he continued on crying. You grabbed his cheeks and made him look at you. Your heart broke at the sight. He was crying so much, his face was turning red.

"Look at me." You said as you caressed his cheek lightly. For the first time today he looked you straight in the eyes. As he looked at you he felt butterflies in his stomach. He still loves you so much. "You are more than good enough for me baby understand? I love you." You said as you gave him a loving kiss on the lips. The moment he felt your lips on his, he melted into the kiss.

It was like your first kiss all over again. It was full of love and adoration for each other. When you broke the kiss you rested your forehead against his signing lightly. "I love you too. Please don't leave me." Ten mumbled quietly. You gave him one more kiss before looking up at him with a small smile. "I will never leave."