Realization on authors

Shamelessly plugging your own story to other stories are so frowned upon by us writers yet I still did it from time to time.

Then, I had this one somewhat famous author whom I followed because her works were good. I would comment on it and back then there was like a message (FB-like that pops out) system so I wrote to this writer. Instead of plugging my story, I commented on how good her works was and how I support her and wished her well.

After that, did you know guys? She appreciated it so much she posted her thanks  to her updated chapter. Because I didn't plug my story to her nor annoy her.

But because I was young, I didn't know how to cultivate a relationship (I still don't).

I plugged my story after that message.

*facepalm*

Ughh, remembering how much of an idiot I was back then I want to ram my young head towards a tofu.

If only I cultivated my relationship with her well, then she might feel implored to take a look at my profile and look at my works! Such gal, such shameless person.

I am sooo regretting it. Turns out she DID became famous. She also became a writer under a publishing company, and her works still continues to amaze me.

I could have made a friend. A famous writer to boot. T^T

P.S. I don't intend to sound manipulative like (at least for me), seeing how I regretted my actions. I felt like it's only proper manner to handle relationships well and connect with other people (which I still fail miserably).

So guys, don't get impatient. Cultivate feelings well before swooping in for the kill.  :>