S I X

"There's no way you only own Amish clothes!" Sommer teased.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "They're not actually Amish clothes, they're just appropriate I guess."

We were currently strolling through the mall, occasionally stopping at different stores to reinvent my style. Sommer insisted on doing so after looking through my closet. Apparently, she needed a 'smart but cute' look for a date she had. But after seeing what I wore she basically dragged me shopping.

"Finn doesn't really like me revealing too much." I continued.

Sommer stopped in her tracks and gave me a wide-eyed expression. "You let him tell you what to wear?"

"It just stops him from arguing with me." I said going into the closest store.

Sommer eventually caught up with me, "Well, does he know about that hot dress you wore the other night?"

"He found out," I breathed out. "Lord knows how he did, but he was pretty pissed."

"I'd hate having a boyfriend like that, no offense." 

I sighed, "Can we please talk about something else now?"

"Sure, let's talk about Sawyer." Sommer said wiggling her eyebrows.

A little blush crept onto my cheeks, "What about him?"

"Are you blushing!?" She squealed.

I felt my face and yelled, "No!"

"Well, you two have bonded quite a bit. I mean you guys almost kissed." 

I walked over to a strapless olive green shirt and added it to my basket, "Thank god we didn't though, he's only trying to get in my pants."

"Sawyer wasn't always like that, he was actually a hopeless romantic in high school." Sommer confessed.

We began walking towards the fitting rooms, occasionally picking up more items. Eventually, curiosity began gnawing at me. There was something about Sawyer that made me want to just forget about everything else and figure him out. 

So, I asked, "What changed him?"

Sommer got quiet, and for a second I thought she wouldn't answer me. But then after an intake of breath from her side she began explaining.

"Her name was Rosaline. They actually broke up last year after dating since Freshman year of high school. Long story short, he found her in bed with some Frat guy. He doesn't trust any one anymore, except for his close circle, and goes through girls so he doesn't have to feel an emotional connection to anyone." 

I opened the fitting room door, ready to reveal my outfit. "That's- tough."

Sommer stepped out and her eyes widened at me. "Dang girl! You definitely need to buy that!"

And just like that, the past conversation about Sawyer was forgotten. 

At least for now.

***

I unlocked the room with a heavy load of bags. I decided to go grocery shopping as well. I had been eating fast food, and Sawyer was consuming tons of chips. If I didn't end up buying groceries for us, he'd probably die of starvation.

"Honey i'm home!" I yelled jokingly.

Sawyer peaked his head out of his room and saw all the bags on the floor. "Are you just gonna stare or are you gonna help me unpack these?" I sassed.

"Has anyone told you that you're demanding?" Sawyer said while getting up to help me. 

I laughed, "Once or twice."

"Did you buy new clothes to impress me?" Sawyer asked while looking through my shopping bags.

I marched up to him and snatched the bag out of his hands. "You wish." 

He threw me a sour look as he grabbed the grocery bags. After throwing my bags inside my room, I followed him into the kitchen. He was putting away the food in the incorrect spots. I mean seriously, who puts the ketchup in the freezer?!

"Sorry to break it to you, but unless you want your ketchup to be a slushee material, i'd put it in the fridge." I giggled.

He scratched his head and picked up the ketchup bottle and put it in the right place. After a little while,I decided to put the bread in the top cabinet. I couldn't reach it so I climbed on top of the table. My foot slipped and I ended up wailing backwards ready to face the hard floor. But the floor never hit me. Instead I was met with big biceps and a serious looking Sawyer.

I met his eyes and my brain became a jumbling mess. "I-uh,"

"You could've hurt yourself badly." Sawyer pointed out.

"Yeah, uh- sorry. I'm clumsy." I laughed awkwardly.

He began staring at me as if he was thinking long and hard about something. I hadn't noticed that I was still in his arms, apparently he had forgotten as well. Suddenly, my phone began buzzing in my back pocket. 

"I should probably get that." I sputtered.

Sawyer simply nodded and put me down. I gave him a quick smile and got my phone out. It had read Finn once again. Sawyer saw the caller I.D and his face morphed to annoyance. 

"You continue to run back even after he called you a slut." He spat.

I winced, "Okay, that hurt."

"It's the truth though, and you know it." Sawyer laughed wickedly.

My phone continued to ring, but I didn't care. I wanted to know what sparked Sawyer's change in mood. It certainly couldn't have been Finn calling, why would that even be a problem. He has tons of girls lining up for him, and he even brought one over the night before. 

"Like you're one to judge." I pointed out.

Sawyer shot me a glare and gritted, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," I paused. "Just that you use girls and dump them to the side when you're done. You have no room to give me advice about relationships."

"You're right, but at least I know which ones are bad," Sawyer grinned evily, "Like yours."

My eyes narrowed down. I felt my body burning up. How dare he talk to me that way!

"Now I get why Rosaline cheated on you, you're an ass." I let slip out.

His grin wiped away as soon as I mentioned Rosaline. "How the fuck do you know about her?!" 

"I-"

"You know what? Don't even tell me, i'm leaving." Sawyer stormed out of the door, slamming it shut on his way out.

Finally, I realized what I had just done. It wasn't my place to say anything, but I just got so frustrated with him. I knew I was wrong, and I had to apologize immediately. Maybe not now, seeing as how enraged he was. I'd wait until he came home.

If he ever decided on coming back.

***