T W E L V E

I was sitting on top of the counter eating my cereal. I wasn't exactly how these tiny shorts would help me get revenge on Sawyer for whatever he was plotting, but i'd have to figure something out.

The boys were still in Sawyer's room talking about guy stuff. Obviously, I was uninterested. I wondered how long it'd take for them to come out and notice me. I mean, my cereal was getting soggy. No one likes soggy cereal, especially Fruity Pebbles.

"Coors or Bud Light?" asked Sawyer walking out of his room.

"Coors, bro is that even a question?" I heard Finn say muffled. What the hell was going on?

I looked up from my uninteresting bowl, and faced Sawyer. His light grey eyes were darker now, and his eyes were glued to my tan legs. His lips parted and his eyes trailed from my legs to my face. His eyes were caught on mine, and I couldn't possibly look away.

He walked towards me, feeling like everything was in slow motion. His hand cupped my face, but his eyes never left mine. He leaned into my face, close enough to my ear. I felt my knees go weak, and was so glad I was sitting down. My eyes closed and my breath hitched.

"You've got fruity pebbles in your hair."

My eyes widened, and my hands immediately went to my hair to get the piece of cereal out.

"Were you expecting something else?" Sawyer was now opening the fridge and taking out a Coors. He had a smirk on his face, something he seemed to be doing a lot. To even think, I had a chance at one upping him.

I jumped off the counter and faced him, "What game are you playing at?"

"Game?" He pondered.

"Don't play dumb. You can't possibly tell me you being nice and being a 'bro' to my boyfriend is an act of kindness. Did you forget that I can see right through you?" Now I was the one of who was laughing. Sawyer's face turned sour and he was now full on facing me.

"I'm just trying to get to know my roommates boyfriend, that's all."

He was now holding two beers and walking towards his room. "You do realize you're taking time away from me and Finn right?"

He solely turned around and winked at me before entering his room.

Prick.

I glanced behind me to check the time on the stove. 2:47 a.m.

Honestly, what was the point in fighting Sawyer right now? Like hello, I've got million things better to do than to argue with him all night. Now, sleep was one of my top priorities. Finn and Sawyer could stick it, I desperately needed some sleep. Waking up looking like a zombie was not my first priority. Thank you, next.

***

Sadly, Finn's time here had come to a close and I couldn't  be more upset. It was a short weekend, and we barely had any alone time. Thanks to Sawyer. He was packing his bag into his pick-up truck. Finn walked back to me with a look of sadness on his face. His arms extended around me and pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around him, and his chin rested on the top of my head.

"Do you have to go?" I mumbled into his chest.

"You know how swamped work is baby. I wouldn't go if I didn't have to."

I looked up into his soft brown eyes. "My dad will understand."

"Do you really think if he didn't need me, he wouldn't have called." Finn asked, whilst letting me go and hopping in his truck.

"I love you baby. I'll call you when I get home." Finn backed out and drove off back home.

In all honesty, I expected to be a lot more sad. In reality, I wasn't. Instead, my mind kept thinking about how Sawyer was inside possibly waiting for me. I was excited for the dumb argument we were bound to have. This was seriously messed up.

I walked back into the room, and shut the door. I kept my back pressed onto the door and shut my eyes. I probably looked completely insane, but frankly, I couldn't care less.

Sawyer cleared his throat, which resulted in me opening my eyes. He was staring at me with a look of confusion but with a mixture amusement.

"You're kinda weird."

Rolling my eyes, "And you're ugly, but do I complain?"

Sawyer walked closer to me, "You and I both know that's not true."

I daringly took a step towards him, "Hm, keep telling yourself that."

I walked around him, trying to figure out where my courage came from to do that. I didn't get too far, however, Sawyers hand was encircled around my waist, causing me to spin around quickly. My chest was touching his stomach and my hand was on his chest.

"Don't start something you can't finish darling," Sawyer soothed.

Darling.

The one word that had my knees go weak. My mouth opened but soon closed. What could I possibly say? He knew the effect he had on me, and I hated it.

Sawyers fingers traced my plump lips, "You don't understand how bad I want you Hunter."

"Sawyer.. I can't."

His eyes stared at me intensely, "He's not here anymore. And you in those shorts is driving me completely insane."

Fire fueled inside of me, "I'm not gonna jeopardize my relationship for some one night thing with you."

Soon enough, Sawyer let go of me. His demeanor changed completely. He no longer had passion in his eyes. He was angry, no scratch that. He seemed furious.

"Don't you dare do that to me Hunter." He spat.

"Do what?" I challenged.

He grimaced, "Make me seem like the bad guy in this situation... You know you want this just as badly as I do."

"I love Finn," I breathed out.

"Do you? Or do you just love the idea of being with him." Sawyer was breathing hard now. He wasn't quite finished yet.

Sawyer picked me up and my legs instinctively wrapped around his waist. His hand was dangerously low, but his eyes were on mine the entire time.

"Deep down I know you'd rather be with me instead. Can he make you feel the way I make you feel Hunter?" Sawyer continues, "Does your heart race every time he talks to you, please. Tell me I'm not the only one who feels this crazy spark when I'm near you.."

"I-" Sawyer cut me off.

"I just don't get it, Hunter." He ran his hands frustratingly down his face.

I faced him and grabbed his face with both of my hands, "Then help me understand Sawyer.."

His gaze locked onto mine and then he stepped back from me. He hurriedly walked over to his room. Before he went in, Sawyer looked back at me and paused, "Maybe someday."

***