Chapter 1:The Mafia Don

This book is different to the rest it's a romantic story with tragedy between love and violence

This book is different to the rest it's a romantic story with tragedy between love and violence.A story involving a struggling Reporter and a workaholic Mafia Don.

POV Amara Siciliano

The Sapphire sky shone peaking through the blinds of the narrowed motel window,the golden sun which illuminated my vision;blinking my eyes several times before shifting my position and fluttering my eyes open.The loud ear piercing alarm rings,the sound of a loud thump penetrated the vibration through the room pass the thin wall.

"Turn that damn alarm off."The screeching voice of Madam Iris yelled from the opposite side of the wall,a sigh escaped my lips as I found it extremely difficult living in a cheap motel with a small amount of money left.I knew it would not be long before I ran out of the money,I would be homeless.Deported back to Mexico made it extremely hard for me to return home,so deciding the easier way I stayed in a motel ignoring the constant face time from my parents and tried my hardest to find a decent job. 

Throwing the thin layer of duvet off my freezing body I rolled out of the creaking bed,rushing towards my suitcase as I stretched my arms pressing the radio allowing the rock music to blast.Pulling out another outfit to wear, I rushed towards the small bathroom,the damp smell with the green wall matching the flooring and the spider webs designed on the wall.Dirty toilets and broken shower door,one tap basin...what else can I ask for!

I sarcastically commented to myself,living here for the past three days were hell and today may be the last.My mind flashed back to the stranger offering me the missionary job,was I going to work in a church.probably write a review about the church or probably play the piano and sing along the choir.

I had no idea what job I was getting involved in.

Dressing myself in an formal outfit with a pencil black skirt and a baby pink blouse,my skin below my knees were exposed to people and the cold weather.

Combing my blonde hair straight and then pulling it up into a high pony,I stood straight in an observing angle.Satisfied with my appearance I grabbed my black folder descending towards the door when I froze,
"Wallet."I cried out,rushing towards the closet kneeling down I began to throw the dirty clothes across the room in search for the jeans I had worn yesterday.