The Lake

Amethyst's POV
~~Spring~~ After a bit my mother call Jay and I back to the house. When we entered the house my mother told us to get our swimming stuff and some clothes. After an hour we were ready and in the car. As we went down the road I asked, "Where are we going mum?" My mother looked back at me and smiled, "Well I thought we'd go to the lake for a few days." She said. I felt Jay shift in her seat, she looked uncomfortable. I took her hand in mine, "what's wrong?" I whispered to her. "I'm not exactly in favor of swimming in big bodies of murky water" she replied. I smiled, "Don't worry I'm here" I said. She squeezed my hand and turned to stare out the window. We sat in silence the rest of the way there.
After a bit we passed a sign Welcome to Marie Lake
It read. Jay shifted and turned to me, "I hate it already" she whispered. I smiled, "to many people" I replied. We sat back and I just watched as we got closer and closer to what I thought to be bad days.
We arrived at the lake almost faster than we left the house. I climbed out then rushed over to open the door for Jay. She blushed and climbed out, "thanks" she said shyly. We grabbed our stuff and followed my mom to where ever we were going. As we stopped at a fairly large campsite my mother turned to Jay and I. "This is where we will stay" my mother stated with a smile, "Lewis will be here with our tents and stuff soon so just relax for a bit." I sat down on a bench and stared down at the lake, then Jay came up to me. "Who's Lewis?" she asked. "He is my oldest brother" I replied. Why didn't you tell me about him?" she asked. "I never found the conversation to bring it up in." I answered. "It's beautiful isn't it?" she said. I smiled, "I think you're more beautiful than any view. Even the Rainbow River" I stated. She smiled and blushed. "Did you know that your adorable when your embarrassed?" I asked. Her blush grew, "D-don't point it out!" she said as she hid her face. I smiled and took her face in my hands, "Your adorable." I said, and she smiled. I let her face go and we looked out at the lake once again. "I hate this place" Jay stated. I laughed and took her hand, "I know" I replied.
After an hour my mother called us over to help set up tents. We tiredly walked over and helped, and once we were finished Lewis started a fire, and we all gathered around. We roasted marshmallows as others played loud music and screamed and danced around. We told stories of our lives, and the time passed quickly.
"I'm going to go to bed" I said and looked at Jay, "Are you coming?" She stood and followed as we went to the tent on the far end.