Finding Lizzie

"I want to find her" Jake says. I just stare at him. "And how are we going to get there?" "It'll only take about a week if we go today." I sigh. "Fine." He smiles a little. I just roll my eyes, trying not to smile back. We walk outside of the library, and I pull my hood over my face so that any passing cops don't recognize me. After all, we are pretty wanted right now. Jake starts walking faster, and I match his pace, wondering why he started speeding up. Then all of a sudden he grabs my wrist and darts away, dragging me behind. "Cops!" he yells, and I look back. Naturally, there is a cop following us. We run to an old alley with a lot of turns, and we lose the cop after about 5 minutes. Jake stops running and sighs in relief. I groan. "Warn me next time before you drag me around for five minutes." "Geez, sorry. Next time I'll let you get arrested." I just roll my eyes. "Shut up, Mutt."

*5 days later*

We run. They are chasing us. The cops have been right on our tail since we left the library. We haven't had a chance to relax at all. We are so close to Lizzie's house. We aren't backing down now. "Just a while longer," I keep mumbling to myself. Jake breaths heavily as we dart away. We are slowly losing the police. While we were on our way to Chicago, we managed to stop by another library and look up her adress. We are heading there. It's only about two minutes away, and we were so close to losing them.

*A few minutes later*

We show up at her house and Jake takes a deep breath and steps towards the door.