Would you...

Steve's pov

3 years after the engagement

----

"You want to know something Tasha?" Said steve as the two went walking through the mall. Natasha smiled, "What?" Steve continued, "I'm scared." Natasha stopped steve, "Why are you scared Steve? You're picking up your suit for your wedding in an hour. We're buying the last of the decorations for your honeymoon and tonight we have dinner. Tomorrow you are getting married to a man you have a beautiful history with, amd it is a history that most people would kill for, so don't be scared." Steve looked up to the ceiling, "I don't have cold feet. God for the last decade i've wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with Tony," Steve looked down for a moment then closed his eyes, "but after sokovia he's changed and once again that rock hard exterior needs to be broken down." Natasha took Steve's hand, "he's been through a lot more than any of us, so give him time but remember what you said just now. You want to marry Tony. The road ahead is not set in stone so remember that and it should get you through anything." Steve looked to Natasha and smiled, "here's hoping to a hero free year." The two started walking again as Natasha said, "you know you probably just jinxed yourself." Steve let out a long sigh, "I know. But I can still hope right?"

Later that night would be the beginning of the end of everything Steve would hold dear and when the accords came about its where it truly ended.

"We have to sign," said tony looking at the picture, "we need to be held accountable." Steve not looking at tony, "the safest hands are still our own. What if they tell us to go somewhere where we're not needed and then not to go to somewhere where we are needed," you," now looking at General Ross, "have presented us with clips of places the avengers have gone. New York City was not our fault. Sokovia, we stopped sokovia and yes there were casualties but the whole world would have died had we not. Sokovia was an extinction level event. The events from last week are thanks to a deranged man and his followers and we did the best we could under the circumstances." Tony yelled out, "those circumstances cost the lives of numerous individuals and several Wakandans and they want blood." Ross spoke, "aside from your fault or not there are many people who see you as vigilantes rather than heroes. I'll leave it for you to decide." Ross left the avengers in a room.

"We shouldn't sign it," said Sam, "I agree with cap." Rhodes spoke, "you think you know better than him. He's a five star general." Natasha, "I'm sorry Steve but I agree with stark."

Tony got up from his seat and walked over to Steve who was sitting looking at the accords book. Tony knelt down and took the book from Steve, "you once told me live or die we do it together. When did that change?" Steve rose to his feet and tony followed, "You know everything about me down to my nightmares of war so you know my answer and if you think otherwise," Steve started to take off the ring, "then I can't do this," Steve placed the ring on the table, "the safest hands are still our own and the moment you realize that then we can be together again." Rohdey spoke, "you're going to throw it all away over a disagreement?" Steve shook his head, "this isn't about a disagreement. This decides the fate of the world and who will live and die because of it. So," Steve's phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket to see it read 'she's gone. She went in her sleep.' When he saw this he quickly placed his phone in his pocket and said, "I need to go." Steve then quickly left the room and walked into the stairwell before he started to cry. Sam walked down and went to console his friend, "are you ok?" Steve shook his head no, "this won't be the end of but this time one of us will die." Sam spoke, "she's not the only link left. Hang in there Steve. We'll find him.
---
Days later
Abandon Hydra facility
---
"Cap," said tony. "Stark," responded Steve. Tony lowered his arm, "what's the matter? You look a little on edge." Steve responded, "it's been a long day."

---

"He's my family..." said Steve taking a stance ready to fight. Tony raised his repulsar, "so was I..." the two proceeded to fight.

Metal to metal with sparks in the air the war was not with the monster but with them. Steve was right. One of them would die during the war but little did they know the war was far from over.
----
Authors note: please read
So guys, sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to post something. I will be writing at least two more chapters and hope to have at least 1 more posted before the end of August. Thanks for reading. Part two of this chapter will be up in the next week to week and a half and the final chapter will be up soon after.

Thanks for reading. Please stay tuned.