Author's Note: What's Next for Writing?

Author's Note:

Hello my good dear friends! It has been....a hot minute.

I graduated high school back in June and since then have been making preparations to move out to go to university in September - during the break, I intended to do volunteer work and find a job, neither of which have happened for reasons far too lengthy (and annoying) to explain here.

So Lydia, I hear you say, with all this time on your hands, what about writing?

Well.

First of all, I am writing a new fic (and I am SO excited for it). However, progress is slow, and I will tell you why - finally free of education, I have decided to take writing a little more seriously, and not only have I set up a poetry account on Instagram but I have also been spending my time writing my first, full length, original story - after over a month of work I am perhaps between half and two thirds of the way through, having just broken 100,000 words. And what am I gonna do with this story?

I'm gonna go ahead and publish it on Patreon.

Some of you have been following me since I first started writing on Wattpad - from my first very clumsily crafted Skulduggery Pleasant story (Here's to Christmas) to my most recent, most complex, most improved Pierce the Veil fics (Before I Ran and When I Return). Some of you came for the oneshots. Some of you stayed. Those of you who stayed, your support has meant the world to me - thank you for giving me the confidence and the platform to grow as a writer. My writing has improved exponentially, and the things I'm creating now (both my original and the new fic, a Fuenciado) are truly the best I've ever made.

If you like my writing and fancy supporting a struggling writer (struggling in every sense of the word - it's so much fun trying to kit myself out for uni with no money), if you like stories about lesbian detective superheroes, it would mean more to me than I can put in words. Like poems? My instagram is full of them: @ themarshflower.

For the cheapest tier on my Patreon (£1.50 per month) I am not only going to be publishing two chapters of my story per month, but also one full length poem. There's more information about tier levels on my Patreon page, which I will link here: https://www.patreon.com/themarshflower

If you think it might not be your thing or you can't afford a subscription, tell your friends! Tell your family! Hell, if you think they might like a bizarre cross between dystopia, adventure, romance and queer fiction, tell your fuckin' dog, too. If you choose to support me, I promise you, I will not let you down.

I am excited (and terrified) for what this might hold for me. I hope to see you on the face of a new writing platform - and if not there, I'll see you here anyway for the next fic! I can't stress how much your unwavering support means to me. Thank you so, so much.

That's all for now.

Love ya.

~ Lydia