Chapter 1

"That's all for now , thank you . "
A gentle applause roared in the conference room easing my rigid muscles . Glancing at my big brother I smiled seeing his eyes filled with pride and adoration for me .
"Alright gentlemen , I guess this is it . As soon as the second party gives us a go sign we are going with this and I am pretty sure they all will be ecstatic with our new ideas " .
Mumurs of certainly sir , sure sir arose in the room and finally the meeting was dismissed .
Leaning at my seat I stretched my muscles and spoke " Damn how do you get through with this ? "
Mark chuckled " You'll get used to it steadily Mia . But you were great at the presentation . I mean I was expecting you'll do good but I also got a bit surprised as well . "
"Thanks bro . By the way who are our partners regarding this project ? " .
"It's an old friend of dad and also we've done many projects with them . But last which I've heard his son is managing all the business now and he's a tough nut to crack " Mark replied .
"Nothing that we can't handle bro".
Gathering his files he faced me saying " So you're free now . Let's go " .
"No , not yet I have a few other things to do so --- "
"Mia , I'm sure you haven't got a good sleep in past week . After all this is done I suggest you go on a holiday " . 
Mustering a smile I replied , " sure sir " .
This is my routine for the past one and a half year . I am the Vice President of Rodriguez Internationals Company . I am a successful businesswoman . But for me this is just another way of keeping me busy . It gives me distraction , distraction from all haunting nightmares , memories which are ingraved in my mind . All these praise words , applauses they are not able to erase those words of bitterness .

Eyes filled with awe , pride and adoration reminds me of those eyes filled with disgust .

Lips which were used to make me forget the world ,when uttered those words which caused my world to crash apart .

Hands which held me like I'm the most delicate thing when shoved me away like I was a piece of dirt .

Why me ?? What was my mistake to bear all of this ....

The buzz of phone ceased my thoughts . Taking a deep breath I answered it and ordered my secretary to send me the files .
And that's how my day goes . I work and work till exhaustion kicks me out so that I can sleep when I go to my place called home . Where all my demons are waiting for me . They haunt me , scare me . But I fight them , I am fighting for the last two years but I can't get tired . "I can do this ,I am strong , I am Amelia Richards Rodriguez " are the words I always get my motivation from . But for now I will keep fighting , I can't lose , cannot bear to loose , not again . Not now or ever .

Here goes the first chapter I hope you guys liked it .  Don't forget to hit the ⭐ and comment .

  Don't forget to hit the ⭐ and comment

     Rodriguez Internationals Company .