The Watch

Point of View: Steve Rogers
———•———

Fifteen minutes later he came back with a black pillowcase in his hand. "Who's ready?" He called out, all too excited for the upcoming events.

"What are you doing, Tony?" Thor asked, tossing Mjolnir into the air playfully as he'd been doing all afternoon.

"Doth thou haveth a better idea, Son of Odin? Or you, sir," he raised his voice, "God of Mischief? Doth thou knoweth of any Asgardian games we could entertain ourselves with?" Now he was just mocking them for no reason... sometimes I wonder what the Hell he's thinking.

"No, you blundering, hubristic oaf," Loki replied with a smirk from the window.

"Well, then we're doing this my way," he assured the rest of us.

"Doing what, exactly, your way?" Bruce asked, looking up from his book and taking off his glasses, holding both in his lap as he waited patiently for a response.

"This game of my own creation, of course," he continued. "The goal is to include more than just Capsicle and his little boyfriend over here," he chuckled looking over at Bucky and I.

Bucky looked at me and then at Tony like he was about to stand and punch the living daylights out of him.

"Alright," I said, placing a hand on Bucky to calm him. "Alright. Just get on with it then."

"Thank you. So, there are some items in this pillowcase that I specifically chose so that we each might be almost exactly represented. I wrote up a list of what each of them represents so no one can accuse me of cheating; I'll give the list to Banner," he walked over and handed it to him. "Here are the rules: when your name is called you will come over to me and pull one item out of the bag. Whichever person the item represents, via Bruce's list, you must spend seven minutes in the closet with," he winked at us. "Got it?" We all nodded in approval out of utter boredom. "Now, since Cap over here gave me this incredibly wonderful idea, I say he gets to pick first," he smiled smugly.

Oh lord, this isn't gonna end well.

"Fine," I leaned over and kissed Bucky once more and whispered, "I hope I choose you, Buck" and walked over to Tony.

"Aww how cute," he said when I reached into the bag. I shot him daggers.

"What the Hell is in here- er, ugh, why on Earth is it wet?" I made a disgusted face as he just smiled and watched me... I carefully avoided the wet substance. Instead I felt something metallic, and relatively small compared to everything else in there. My hand pulled out "a wrist watch?"

"Motherf—" the rest was incomprehensible. "Not just a watch, Rogers. It's a vibranium, very expensive watch that happens to have been worked very hard on in attempts to perfect the nanotechnology used in the suits that belong to... uh, well, me..." he let out an aggravated sigh.

I looked over at Banner to confirm as he opened up the paper to read off the name that was written there. "Uhhm... it says 'Tony Stark, you lucky son of a bitch!' on the paper next to the wrist watch," he said monotonously, looking up at me unenthusiastically.

What did I get myself into?

"You have got to be kidding me," I looked at Tony. "I'm gonna have to spend seven minutes in a closet with-" I looked at Bucky. He was laughing his ass off.

"Hold the pillowcase, please, Banner," he said after putting the watch back inside. "There's the closet," he pointed to the end of the room at the smallest closet in the whole damn building. Of course. "Now, there's a clock over the door. The seven minutes starts once the door is shut and," he pulled out a key and handed it to Nat, "locked. Got it?"