Chapter 25: A Bubbling Ending

The Castle . . .

Queen Toriel met with someone. Someone she had heard about. She had Asgore right next to her too. "You must be a Kudera." Yet, even though it was human . . . it didn't feel like it. "What an interesting . . . human."

"Cut the crap," Kudera said in monster to them. "You both know I'm no human any more than you are."

"So, you are monster," Queen Toriel said, not surprised he confessed. It would be hard to hide that power level. "Sans the Skeleton is married to Frisk now. You can't have her."

"I never wanted a pathetic human," Kudera said. "I hate humans. I despise humans. All of the monster domains do."

"All?" Asgore interrupted. "What do you mean?"

"Why do you think there are still domains that deny the use of the OJS?" Kudera said. "Don't want them involved in our kingdoms. In how we treat our humans. The relationship between monster and human will never change."

"How can you be a monster?" Asgore said. "And the power. You're . . . you are the boss monster, Kendali? You survived?"

"Yes, but instead of living Underground, we were imprisoned in human bodies. Our magic sealed away. Until you broke your barrier," Kudera informed them.

"Frisk is no longer an option, she is married peacefully to one monster," Toriel said gesturing him away. Having someone so against humans consorting with them will not be good.

"I don't care about her. I took her for the contract, so that I could kill the other suitors to save your kingdom. You see, monsters have never betrayed each other. We fight each other, but we don't betray each other," Kudera said. "I had come to tell you how to save her, but I got word one of your guards already know, so I didn't bother to waste my breath. I am not here about her. I am here about joining us."

"I knew it," Toriel whispered to Asgore. "We will not join with any other kingdom to try anything to overthrow the humans. Haven't you learned anything?" she growled at Kudera. "Never."

"Then you're content in this cute little area you have in a mountain?" Kudera said, gesturing around. "Why do you think Initiative is giving you part of its land. Why do you think they demand so much proof of loyalty, when all of our kingdoms are out there, whole?" He gestured to Toriel. "Queen Toriel. Your kingdom share was taken by Initiative, and they don't plan on ever giving it back."

"That's not true," Asgore said from beside Toriel. "They do. They have helped us so much."

"With their own commerce. Their restaurants. Their delivery services. They are making money off of your kingdom because you are still trapped. You give them plenty of reason to help. You satisfy their human greed!" Kudera banged the wall. "For sixteen years, we have slowly been gaining our magic back, but we are still stuck in these reviled forms. Once humanity knows that we are getting our magic back, they will wipe us out again! And you are just going to sit back and take it?"

"Even if what you say is true," Toriel said, "our citizens have been happier. Every day more we make incredible progress. We will earn their trust. The humans will not attack you as long as you work with them."

"This world is lawyers and contracts, things work slow," Asgore added. "They will not simply attack all at once anymore."

"Fine. Let me rephrase this," Kudera growled. "If you don't join with us, you ally with the humans, and we will not just sit back and take it. Are your residents still great fighters, because my kingdom fights well. So do the others."

"Someone attacked Frisk. Someone who wanted to use a barbaric marriage for her!" Toriel accused him. "Then, you suddenly show up? No!"

"The Underground will not wage war against the humans."