Chapter 1

Luke: 9 years old
Calum: 10 years old

Luke's pov

I drank from the ocean of chocolate then happily went to the gummy bear village.
All the gummy bears ran in fear as I looked for my next victim.

I eventually chose one and ran after it before taking a bite. Then I decided I wanted  to eat pizza so I walked away from the village with a big smile on my face.

Suddenly, a flying unicorn flew to me and said: "come on! I know a shortcut!"

I climbed on it and it flew." I can see everything from here!" I exclaimed.

"Luke!" The unicorn said.
"Luke!" It said again.
"Wake up!"

"What?" I asked.

(What did i just write? Lol)

"Luke wake up! You're going to be late for school and make a bad first impression!" Mom said taking off the blankets from my body.

I groaned and raised my hands to my eyes trying to rub the sleep away.

I then started to stare at a random shoe and found it very comfortable.

"Luke! Are you paying attention!? Get dressed!" Mom yelled then walked out of my room.

I signed and got up. I walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth.

I'm glad I showered last night because I don't wanna be late to my new school. I really hate changing schools. I hate running away from the bullies.

I opened my closet door and looked at the uniform.

Its really ugly.

I changed quickly, grabbed my spongebob backpack then lazily walked down stairs.

"Sit down to eat break fast honey." Mom said smiling. Dad was already sitting down  reading his newspaper while he ate some toast.

I sat down and my mom placed a plate with my breakfast in front of me.

"Why that sad face lukey? Arent you excited to meet new friends?" Mom asked.
"And your 10th birthday is coming up, if you keep getting good grades we'll make you a big birthday party." Dad added.

"So that no one will show up again?" I mumbled.

I nodded smiling at my parents.

You see, im not like every other 9 year old kid. Im smarter then im supposed to be. I think i grew up too fast. My parents expect so much from me, probably cause im an only child.

I finished my breakfast soon and my mom and i went to school. My mom is a math teacher.

"You know where your homeroom is, right?" Mom asked.

I nodded. She kissed my cheek then walked away.

I walked to my classroom. I signed deeply before knocking on the door then opening it slowly.

The teacher turned to face me and smiled.
"Hi! You're early!" She said as i walked in. Only a few students were sitting down in their desk. "You must be luke hemmings. Im mrs. Hollanback, Your seat will be right here." She said walking to my desk.

My desk had my name on it written on paper. I smiled and sat down. "Your partner will be calum hood." She said pointing to the empty desk next to me.

"You can ask him for the works you missed in this parcial of all the subjects. (parcial is like a quarter i think.)
I nodded. "the morning work is on the board, if you have any doubts you can ask me." She said as she walked to her desk.

I started my morning work and finished it with no problem. When i was done and stood up to hand it to the teacher i noticed the class was full with students working on the asignment.

"Attention class!" Mrs. Hollanback clapped gaining the class attention.

Everyone looked up to the front of the class. "We have a new student today, he will be working with us for the remaining of this year. We will be nice and welcome him with open arms. Why dont you introduce yourself to the class?" She walked aside and everyone's eyes laid on me.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Why am i so nervous?

"Its okay luke, no need to be nervous." The teacher said. I oficially hate her now.

I opened my mouth again and i couldnt find the words to say.

"I like your name." I heard a kid say. I looked up at him. He was smiling as he leaned over to read the name on my desk.
"Luke hemmings." He read smiling. "Luke, that will be your partner for this year." The teacher said and guided me to take a seat.

"Everone finish your morning work, you may talk quietly."

People started talking. Im guessing some we're talking about me.

"Im calum hood." The kid said and i smiled. "You dont talk much do you?"
"Are you a mute?" He asked.

I shook my head. 

"Okay, do you want to be friends?" He asked smiling.

I shook my head again and turned around.
Why do i always push people away?