Chapter 2 - The Outcast

The moon lit the dark forest, somehow making it even darker. A shadow limped through the trees, another supporting it. The first dog was Fang, who was leading the other dog, Lucky, to his fake camp. It was all part of an evil plan Blade had crafted.

Fang limped towards the edge of a cliff, the endless lake roaring below. He made Lucky face him, the Wild Dog's back to the edge of the cliff. He cocked his head at Fang, who was laying down and licking his wound gently.

"Are you really so afraid of the Fierce Dogs that you ran away from them?" he asked.

"No," Blade said, melting from the shadows to stand beside Fang. "But he is afraid of me enough to lead his former protector into a trap."

The Fierce Dogs lined up behind Fang and Blade. Mace stepped forward, stopping in front of Lucky. He flinched, but looked surprised when Mace shoved him down a path that lead along the edge of the cliff. The dark hole that was the entrance to the Fierce Dog lair appeared, and Mace and Dagger pushed him into it.

The Pack walked through the dark caverns of their new base. Lucky was shoved into a giant cave with a stone hole in the center. He looked panicked when Mace pushed him towards the edge, and Blade leaned forward into his face, a cruel smile spread across it.

"Any last words, Street Mutt?" she asked tauntingly.

"Please don't do this," Lucky whined. Then he gathered up every bit of courage her had left and glared at Blade.

"I have nothing to say to you." he snarled.

"Oh, well." Blade said, looking the least bit disappointed. "So long, City Rat!"

Mace shoved him into the hole, and there was a short cry and a yelp when Lucky hit the bottom. After a few seconds, they heard faint breathing.

"He's still alive?" Blade snorted, looking disgusted. "What can kill that dog?"

The Fierce Dogs shuffled their paws, avoiding Blade's glare.

"You!" Blade said, turning to Scythe. "Check on him in the morning. Bludgeon, Cannon, Axe, you will stay here tonight and guard the hole. And do not let him escape, am I clear?"

"Yes, Alpha." Scythe, Bludgeon, Cannon, and Axe muttered, glaring at their paws.

"Good." Blade growled. She then marched up the corridor to her private sleeping caves, Mace and Dagger hurrying behind her.

The rest of the Pack who didn't have a job padded towards the huge Sleeping Cave they all shared. Arrow curled up in the shadows, resting his head between his paws. The rest of the Fierce Dogs slept in one huge pile in the center of the Cave, but they didn't let Arrow in. He had always been the outcast.