Chapter 3 - Dreams

"Arrow!" a howl echoed through the caverns. Arrow's eyes flew open, and he was instantly on his paws.

"ARROW!" Blade howled again. It came from the Prison Cave.

What now? Arrow thought grumpily. He skidded down the path to the Prison Cave, slipping and sliding on the slippery wet stone. He burst through the entrance of the cave, to see Blade glaring at him.

"Stack that driftwood around the hole." she snarled. She whirled around and marched up the corridor, leaving Arrow to do his task.

He grumbled, then started to put the driftwood around the hole. He felt Lucky's gaze on him, but Arrow didn't look up once.

Just as he finished, Blade swaggered into the cave.

"Out!" she barked, and Arrow scampered out of the cave. He had run halfway up the path before he heard voices from the cave he was just in.

"The Earth-Dog wants blood!" Blade said, leaning towards Lucky, her eyes wild. "Every dog born after the Big Growl must be killed! She told me herself in a dream!"

She's crazy! Arrow thought, poking his head through the entrance.

Lucky said something, but Arrow couldn't hear it.

"Yes, that's why I killed that little pup. What was his name?"

"Wiggle." Lucky snarled. "His name was Wiggle."

"Yes, Wiggle, Storm's brother. Speaking of Storm, I know her. She'll obviously be one of the dogs that tries to come and save you. That's when I'll kill her, and Fang."

Arrow bolted up the path, heading for the Sleeping Cave. A few minutes later, Blade marched through the cave, Mace behind her. He then ran back down to the cave Lucky was in. The Omega was there, and he was barking angrily at Lucky.

"That's not my real name. You'll never know my real name." the wolf-dog snarled at Lucky, who was cowering at the bottom of the hole, a fresh wound on his leg.

As Arrow walked by, confused, pretending to be adjusting the driftwood at the edge of the hole, Omega cowered away from Arrow like a scolded pup. When he left, he heard the former Wild Alpha snarling at Lucky again.

What was that all about?

Arrow realized how exhausted he was when he padded into the Sleeping Cave, and he flopped down on the cold stone, and was asleep the moment his eyes closed.