Episode 3

By

David Goller Chris Muinos 

INT. CROSSROADS - FIVE RING DOJO - DAY 

A three building Dojo atop a mountain, Japanese style. A waterfall cascades a stream of liquid 1's and 0's down one side, the other covered in a tall, bamboo forest. 

Buddy is at the center of the three buildings, in a large, circular Zen garden. He is holding a boken back handed. Everything glows with the Crossroads shine- every surface giving off light. From the sand and wood around him, to the blindfold Buddy wears. On the roof of one of the three buildings, IMPERIUS REX watches Buddy carefully- the quintessential ancient master. 

IMPERIUS 

"It might be too early for this. (pauses and smiles) We can return to level 5-D. Return to-" 

BUDDY 

"It's time for level 6. (beat) Kick it, Rex." 

IMPERIUS 

"Commencing." 

Imperius nods and the Zen garden suddenly expands size, its dimensions shifting to a larger play-field. Everything looks unprocessed for a moment, then retextures- Buddy is suddenly in a ruined, small town center in the heart of America. 

BUDDY 

"Feels like..." 

Imperius claps his hands and three mechanized suits come out from different entrances of destroyed buildings. Each wears one of the three different factions factions colors. 

BUDDY

"...Main Street Stroudburg..."                           

IMPERIUS (commanding) 

"Pay attention!"       

The three mechanized suits see Buddy and begin to move towards him. He bows, waiting for them.

INT. DARK SHIP COMMUNICATION ROOM 

CU (Close Up) - Slow pull out on Teresa's face, illuminated by a monitor. She looks stunned for a moment, then blinks slowly. Her face grows calm- collected. Her voice is flat. 

TERESA 

"Level Down recognized. Hold pattern Linden. (beat) I'll let everyone know." 

She turns off a monitor in front of her. 

INT. DARK SHIP HALLWAY 

Teresa exits her room and moves at a quick pace through the dim lit halls of the ship. 

INT. CROSSROADS - FIVE RING DOJO - DAY 

Melee weapons are deployed: rip-blades sliding out of robotic wrists and joints. 

BUDDY 

"Three opponents. Fully equipped."       

One of the suits, without warning, raises an arm with a for-arm mounted canon attached. A burst of flame fires out, engulfing the space Buddy was just occupying. He's gone. 

INT. DARK SHIP RECROOM

It's a sea of confused faces. Everyone looking one another. Jorge slumps. Teresa places her hand on Jorges shoulder.  

TERESA 

"It's time."                           

JORGE