Chapter 41

Day 1 (Dhanteras)

Anarkali's two sisters arrived, Kumud and Parvati, like every year they were called to help Anarkali at work and the service for the guests at the Diwali days. Even though the date of the diwali is known to everyone, and usually Rituals and preparations for Diwali begin days or weeks in advance. Arjit's family felt like it came suddenly because of all the mess happening to them, they luckily could quickly manage everything, The whole family helped, the house was cleaned, The Rangoli was drawn at the entrance of the house, lights and flowers were hanged. Water from the river Ganges were sprinkled in the house, The Statues of the Idols (Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesh) were placed to the west direction in the big hall which is where prayers will take place at night.

It was a big and stressing day for everyone, each one of them had something to worry about, Arjit wanted the celebrations to go well like every year and the guests enjoy it and his family too, he invited many friends of his some neighbors and businessmen, it was a good chance to show off and meet the businessmen again after what his company faced and the news that were spread, also to make good connections with them. Poja also wanted the celebrations to go well, also the things with the Bachchans, to get closer and closer to them and her plan to make Kajol and Abhishik get married goes well. Preity was excited about the news she has to tell Saif, but she was thinking all the time when to tell him and also to make sure non of the others know anything; she knew that everyone notices that she is close to Saif but she wanted no one to know about her secret until she tells Saif and both manage to tell everyone in the suitable time. What also concerned Preity is Rani, she knew she had enough to worry about so she didn't want to busy her mind with her issue, and also denying to Shahrukh and hiding it from him so he won't tell Rani or most important not to tell Amira who will tell everyone of course if she knew.

Kajol was stressed because of the fact that Abhishik and Saif will be present, but she decided to act normally, they were close friends to the family after all, she was also thinking about what she will do with Shahrukh. Rani was still sad for her relationship with Meera, but Shahrukh and Preity's words with Meera made it a little easier for everything to go back to the normal, but Rani was the one who is scared to take a step forward.

Shahrukh had many things running in his mind, first watching on Preity, staying away from Kajol, he can't predict her behaviors, but he was sure she will act crazy, and he saw that it will be better if he stays away from Poja's sight.

Amira was the only one who had nothing to worry about, she was the only one who really was enjoying the preparations for Diwali.

They finished everything at the afternoon, they only had time to wear their clothes and get ready to welcome the guests. All the girls ended to be at Kajol's room, like every Diwali, because Kajol was the only one who could wear a Sari easily so she had to help all of them.

'I just don't know, why can't we do it with Jeans? these kind of clothes are becoming an old fashion' Preity pleaded when Kajol was helping her to wear the Sari

'why don't you wear something else then?' Amira asked

'all of you are wearing Saris, i don't want to look different, but i don't like Sari' Preity pleaded again

'god, Preity, the same whining of every year, can't you just wear it silently?' Kajol said in boredom placing the remained part of the cloth over Preity's shoulder then she headed to Rani, who was sitting silently at the edge of Kajol's bed. Kajol kissed Rani's cheek and patted kindly over her shoulder 'every thing will be okay, i promise' Kajol said smiling, Rani gave a short smile and nodded. Kajol helped her with the Sari then moved to Amira's Sari. Preity sat on the edge of the bed next to Rani.