Blindsided ch4

Finny's POV

"FINNEGAN HAROLD MCCORMICK."

I wince at the loud voice, shrinking in to make myself look smaller.

"Where the hell were you?! Do you know how worried sick we were?" I hear a jingling sound approaching me and soon Jake is licking my bad hand comfortingly.

"Mom, I was just going to go for a walk but-"

"A walk. You went for a walk alone when you're recently blinded. God, Finn, you need to be more responsible! You could've gotten lost or robbed or- or kidnapped for christ's sake! I leave for a few hours and you're just gone! No note or anything!"

I groan and rub my head from the headache I have because of her yelling. "Mom, chill! Caleb's brother helped me to Tyler's house and I just hung out there for a bit. I'm fine!"

She growls, frustrated. " I swear to God, when your father hears about this..." Mom tries off and I can almost picture her rubbing her temples, trying to calm down. "Okay," her tone forcibly lightens until she's not yelling anymore, "You're okay, right? No cuts? Bruises?"

"I'm fine," I reassure in a tiny voice, trying to sedate her even further.

"And you promise never to do it again?"

I nod and rub Jake's head.

Mom sighs and pulls me into a hug. "Fine then."

I almost let out a cheer, knowing I'm home free. I can't believe this! She's just going to let me off the hook!

"But,"

God dammit.

"You're going to have to face the consequences of your actions, Finn. You're grounded two weeks; that means no TV, no computer, and no iPod. You aren't allowed to leave the house unless it's to your PT. But, I will let you have friends over for an hour each day -- no longer, Finn. I mean it. And I have to be home when they're visiting."

Well that's not too ba-

"And we'll be getting you a babysitter."

"What?!" A fucking babysitter?! "You've got to be kidding me, Mom; I'm not a little kid!"

"Well you were acting like one. Let's go up to your room," She tries to help me up to stairs, but I send a glare in her direction, ripping my arm away from her grip.

"I can do it myself." I practically spit out. She stays silent, then walks away quickly. I grimace at the situation and hold my gimp hand to myself, feeling like an asshole.

It's not my fault if my mom tries to baby me even though I'm seventeen. I don't need her help, I don't need my dad's help, and I sure as hell don't need a fucking babysitter.

Patrick's POV (le next day or something lol)

"You're fired."

I purse my lips together and hold my breath. "But, Mrs. Perkins-"

"No, Patrick. You were found on the security cam doing... inappropriate things with your coworker. Burger King does not tolerate that kind of unethical behavior." 

That wasn't even my fault! Lexi was being a slut, like always, and offered a blow job in the kitchen after we closed. You don't just say no to a perfectly good blow job."What about Lex?" 

"She will be fired as well. Now you're to finish out your shift and clean out your station. Come in for your last paycheck in a week." She looks down to her papers, signalling that I should leave.