Chapter 3: Sharpness has consequences

Months have passed and planet Earth kept getting more and more magical. New deadly weapons with extreme heat and training centres were built, in which Matturse took place in and even bought two weapons for Margrethe and himself.

Matturse went to a fighting academy to increase his battling skills and Margrethe learned some necromancy spells that Matt taught her.

When the fighting lesson was over one day, Matturse was having a talk with a good friend of him whom he met at the academy, called Greatsaw, who was just a natural human once upon a time. But he earned spider powers, such as creating spiderwebs and transforming into a spider, after an unknown experience he had.

They were talking about their own preferred attacking spells, which were the spiderwebs for Greatsaw, and the necroball for Matturse.

Matt had a plan in his mind, so he proposed it to his friend.

"You know what, Greatsaw? I want you to come and join us for a dinner"

"Oh! Well I had nothing to plan tonight so, I would love that" -he answered.

"But I don't want you to come with this appearance"

"What do you mean Matt? What's wrong with it?"

"Transform to a spider!" -Matturse told him while giving him a friendly shoulder check.

"You want to prank your girl?"

"Exactly! So what do you say? Are you in?"

"Definitely! Come on! Some fun must be done!" -Greatsaw agreed.

They finally arrived, Matturse knocked the door and Margrethe has let him in.

"Hey darling" -she welcomed him.

"Hey, I have a surprise for you!"

"Really?" -Margrethe stepped closer.

"Meet my new friend!" -Matt opened his right hand, where Greatsaw was transformed into a spider, causing her to fall on the floor.

"ARGHH!! What on earth?!?!?" -she screamed.

"Chill... he is an old friend of mine"

"Matt, do I have to tell you that you are talking about a tiny little spider?!"

At that moment, Matturse noded to his friend, and he got back to his human form,Margrethe was frustrated.

"Real mature, guys!!!"

"I'm sorry sweetie... It was my idea, I shouldn't have done that. Margrethe, meet Greatsaw, a good friend I met since I began training at the academy, and Greatsaw, meet Margrethe, my loving and adorable girlfriend"

"It's a pleasure meeting you, girl"

"Same to you" -Margrethe replied while shaking his hand.

Matturse and Greatsaw sat and waited for the dinner to get ready, Margrethe was preparing it.

While they were eating, Margrethe tried to learn more about Greatsaw, where does he come from, what was his life like years ago. That was something that caused anger at Matturse since he was slightly jealous. However, he didn't say anything and didn't act weird that night. They said their goodnights and they went to sleep.

It was dawn and they were already up, craving for breakfast. Margrethe kept asking questions to Greatsaw about him and Matt was getting really furious, barely controlling his anger.