Chapter 7: From sorrow to excitment

The infection was finally gone from Matt's body as he lied on the ground, unconscious. It was the day after the huge fight his infected body went through. Sharah and Greatsaw were nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, we woke up, his vision was still a little blurry.

"Where... am I?" -he said, while cocking his head left and right.

He saw something in front of him and cleared his eyes by rolling his fingers around them. Then, he saw the flamed human who threw the potion on him.

"You're finally awake" -a girlish voice came out of its mouth.

"Aaah!!"

Matt jumped on his feet, frightened.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine"

"Who are you?! Why am I here?! Where are my friends?! Did you hurt them?!"

Matt demanded answers.

"I will answer every question, as long as you follow me. Don't worry, I won't hurt you" -she replied.

"That's exactly what you would tell me if you wanted to hurt me!" -Matt insisted.

"Well if I wanted hurt you, wouldn't have I done that easily in your sleep?"

"I suppose that's a fair point... besides, it's not like I have a choice"

"Let's go" -the mysterious girl said.

They left from the mountains and straight into a forest nearby. They ran into a cave and then suddenly, the girl covered in fire stopped.

"So, before answering all your questions, I need to ask you something" -she spoke again.

"Well, go ahead!" -Matturse said firmly.

"What is the last thing you remember before waking up?"

"That's a simple but also a hard question. I was having a headache and a stomachache... and then I felt like I went back to sleep"

"I see. Look, I saw that you were infected and Margrethe tried to remove the virus. I didn't make it on time and... she passed away. I'm sorry"

"What? It... it can't be" -he said. He froze... tears were crawling out of his eyes.

"I know its hard to believe, but you were possessed. Vicnitar controlled you and you couldn't hestitate to kill her"

"I... wait a minute! How do you know what exactly happened and how do you know about Vicnitar?"

"I guess I will have to start answering your second question. You see, Vicnitar tried to control me with his infection, but he failed. So, unexpectably, he threw something on me, not his virus, but it was a bottle with a potion in it. I managed to steal the antidote, but I guess that whatever was in there changed my appearance. I feel like a monster now" -she replied.

"Hey, its okay, I am sure I can help you get your normal body back" -he reassured her.

"I hope your right... I'm Avgence" -she answered.

"My name is Matturse, but I assume you already know that. So, how did you even know about Margrethe?"

"If I tell you I'll ruin the surprise, come with me!"